advertisement

Stereo show in Ramat Gan

ariegur

pfm Member
The show ended this evening (Wednesday 9/28). It wasn't a very big one, but here are few pictures.

The very big star of the show was Teddy with his room - but few words abot few other rooms first (I shouldn't use the flash so pictures are not of the highest quality):

stereo%20show%202010%20020.JPG

I liked the sound of this one, it is a beautiful one too. a very pleasant sound with big image and clarity.

stereo%20show%202010%20061.JPG

Macintosh showed a super expensive system with three mono blocks and an high power 6 channels power amp, a stereo pre, a blue ray player and a huge speakers, about 2.5 meters high. The price is around 300,000$, the quality of sound is 10$ max. But maybe it was because of the room. They demonstrated an American projector, don't remember the name (Scumer?) and it was great. This projector takes HD movie and knows how to present it on full screen (without the black margins on top and bottom) with excellent results.

stereo%20show%202010%20062.JPG

My name is Bond, James Bond, and the three mono blocks under me cost more than my salary...

stereo%20show%202010%20050.JPG

S 600. Standing is Ilan Tamir Naim's dealer in Israel. The s 600s look threatening to me. Very big and black like body guards. The sound, as always with Ilan's room in shows like this is one of the best. I'm sure that you can get more with these speakers (amplification in the show was Supernait) but you can't miss the unique rhythm of the Naim's sound. I heard from other visitors that the sound was impressive.

But the headline of the show, was undoubtedly the Teddy's room. I spent 10 hours at the show. Most of the time I set in Teddy's room. There were visitors who were sitting hours in this room. I spoke with few of them and they all were sure that the sound in Teddy's room was the best in the show.

Teddy showed two systems. Both were sourced from Logitech streamers that were powered with Teddy PS, going to Teddy's DAC. One system with new Teddy's integrated that will be available in few months. The other system had two teddy's mono blocks instead of the integrated.

The sound on both systems was amazing. Visitors asked to listen more and more and it was clear that these systems are involving the visitors in a way that I didn't see before in shows like this. You can add to the great sound the Teddy's charm and his knowledge and kindness to answer to all questions.

stereo%20show%202010%20055.JPG

First system: Teddy's DAC, PS for the Logitech streamer and another for the 102 and the two mono blocks.

stereo%20show%202010%20057.JPG

The mono block.

stereo%20show%202010%20058.JPG

The second system, Teddy's PS for the Logitech, Teddy's DAC and the integrated. Next picture shows the same system from above.

stereo%20show%202010%20067.JPG

stereo%20show%202010%20051.JPG

Nacked DAC and PS...

stereo%20show%202010%20077.JPG

Groups of visitors liked to talk with Teddy for long periods of times.

stereo%20show%202010%20085.JPG

Teddy lectured twice, an hour each time. The first subject was basic knowledge of building a DAC and the second was about the importance of a PS for a system (both in amp and in DAC) and principles of a good PS.

stereo%20show%202010%20086.JPG

Teddy shows graphs of PS noise.

stereo%20show%202010%20083.JPG

stereo%20show%202010%20087.JPG

Arye

Thank you Arye for this nice report!

We don't have many high-end hi-fi shows in Israel, one every several years. This one was one of the largest and most impressive ever. There is is growing awareness in Israel to hi-fi, and there were over three thousand visitors. It may not sound much to you, but for a country with population smaller than a European town it's very impressive!

An interesting point is the growing number of Israeli manufacturers. Many of you probably know already Morel, who demonstrated the very impressive "Fat Lady". Y-G acoustics is relatively newer, and demonstrated a smaller version of what Yoav Geva claims to be "the best speakers in the world". I'm not sure that every one would agree about it but they are definitely among the best. An Israeli that unfortunately was missing is Magico, another ultra hi-end speaker manufacturer worth following. I was most impressed however by German speaker manufacturer Tidal , that was demonstrated with impressive Einstein amplifiers (a $100K set). If you have a chance, listen to it.

For me it was the first time to demonstrate my endeavor in a hi-fi show. I demonstrated the TeddyDAC connected to a Touch+TTouch power supply, new 120W/ch mono-blocks (coming very soon...) connected to a NAC102+TeddyCap, a prototype of an integrated, and Duevel Bella Luna speakers.

I must admit that I was a bit anxious... presenting my modest staff next to the best systems in world may not be the ideal place to start with. But that's what we have, so I decided to take the plunge... I was totally surprised by the number of people who visited my room, and by the fact that people stayed there for hours. When people told me that they consider my system as the most enjoyable system in the show I couldn't believe my ears... but the following days when I read the reviews I started to realize I'm not dreaming...

These were without a doubt among the most exciting moments in my life, not far from seeing my (real) babies born!!!

A video of the show, with visitor impressions can be seen here. (try google translator if you are interested by the text...)

Teddy

Good news:
Teddy has started to sell his new mono blocks. The DTown site published an extraordinarily good review of the Teddyamp MB 12 (120 watts each) mono blocks.
This is a tough site in criticizing systems and therefore this review is really impressive.
The responses to the review are also great and it's clear that people love Teddy's products and they also love Teddy as a person.

A quote: "Between a variety of products these pair of amplifiers will definitely make a great mark."

The link (maybe you can translate it): http://www.dtown.co.il/articles/1522.html

Arye

hi Teddy,
congratulations for your success at the show! and many thanks Arye for this impressive review...
Not a surprise to me, who is more than happy with my Teddy DAC ;-)

just a "silly" question: are you planning to implement a remote control in your integrated (at least for the volume pot)?

JC

just a "silly" question: are you planning to implement a remote control in your integrated (at least for the volume pot)?

JC

Yes, of course. The model presented at the show was not really an integrated, it was actually a power amplifier with potentiometer. The pre-amp will be completely different, it will be based on zero-feedback design. Details will follow...

advertisement

Back