Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Step- Up. Sound Tradition Live! MC-10

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Evo, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Anyone after a step up transformer?
    A new setup means my Sound Tradition Live! MC10 is for sale. Built in 2014 it uses Hashimoto HM-3 with 26DB of fixed gain.
    It's in mint condition.
    Photos on request and a couple of reviews can be found online.
    £750 and postage.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

3. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

4. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

5. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

6. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

7. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

8. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Bump

9. Evo

Evo pfm Member

I will consider sensible offers and photos are available on request.

10. montesquieu

montesquieu pfm Member

For anyone who is a bit unclear what these are, the Hashimotos are absolute top step-up transformers, with two gain ratios, 1:20 for fairly mainstream output/impedance MC cartridges (AT, Lyra, Shelter, Dynavector, Miyajima, Denon and so on) and 1:40 ratio for low output, low-impedance cartridges such as Ortofon SPU (and many other Ortofons) as well as Ikeda/Fidelity Research and the like. Principal difference between HM3 and HM7 is that the latter's ratios are 1:15 and 1:30, though in the real world, many cartridges are probably quite happy using either.

Evo and Rosewind like this.
  11. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Thanks Montesquieu, couldn't have put it better although I probably should have had a go myself before now. Much appreciated.

I'll try and link some photos at the weekend.

12. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Ive dropped my asking price to £650 plus p and p. Any takers?

13. Evo

Evo pfm Member

14. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Now £600 plus p&p.

15. montesquieu

montesquieu pfm Member

Jeez. Bargain alert. Looks really nicely put together.

I see it's fixed gain at 1:20 I'm sure for reasons of maximising sound quality but could be easily reconfigured for 1:40 should that be a requirement.

1:20 probably a match for the majority of cartridges out there with the exception of very low output/very low impedance.

16. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Thanks Montesquieu, it is a nice thing but since I'm not using it and now want something else... (most of us know the sketch)

17. saab9000

saab9000 pfm Member

How much are these new? And does it have the original box.

Evo likes this.
  18. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

I bought one in December 2011 and it was $1,090 delivered. Can’t remember how much I got hit with vat and duty (usually another 25% or so). I think Isao (who ran Sound Tradition) put a lower value on the paperwork to help out.

Evo likes this.
  19. Evo

Evo pfm Member

Goldenmouse is about right I think. Plenty can be found online about them. In 2008 it was listed at $990. This one was produced in 2014- can't tell you what the price was I'm afraid as I am the second owner. I don't have the original box. There are a number of reviews which you might be interested in Saab.

www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0909/soundtradition_live_mc_10

20. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

The box was just a generic cardboard box with bubble wrap etc - no fancy branded packaging or instructions etc.

Evo likes this.