advertisement

Steely Dan on ebay

This guy sells tonnes of fantastic records, you can always spot him by the annoying write ups and the Heavily patterned axminster!

He knows his stuff, both in terms of records and how to reel the buyers in.

I was watching this item, but lost interest once it hit £30. I was stunned when I found out today what it actually went for:

Crazy – it’s in the book at 12 quid! I'll keep an eye out for a copy ;) I’d argue that it’s the US first press (on ABC) that you’d want as it has a gatefold sleeve that the UK copy doesn’t.

Tony.

Tony L said:
Crazy – it’s in the book at 12 quid! I'll keep an eye out for a copy ;) I’d argue that it’s the US first press (on ABC) that you’d want as it has a gatefold sleeve that the UK copy doesn’t.

Tony.
The recent reissue on Speaker's Corner also has the gatefold.
The nerdy collector in me wants the Probe versions of the Steely Dan albums.
I know for definite the first 3 were originally on Probe in the UK, does anyone know if Pretzel Logic was the last one?
Gary

I know for definite the first 3 were originally on Probe in the UK, does anyone know if Pretzel Logic was the last one?

I’ve had a Probe label Pretzel Logic pass through – it had a inner that advertised other Probe releases and Radio Luxemburg IIRC. Bet it would be worth a few quid on eBay now! I’m sure that was the last one on Probe.

Tony.

Tony L said:
I’ve had a Probe label Pretzel Logic pass through – it had a inner that advertised other Probe releases and Radio Luxemburg IIRC. Bet it would be worth a few quid on eBay now! I’m sure that was the last one on Probe.

Tony.

Cheers Tony, I suspected as much.
I was able to pick up Probe 'Countdown' & 'Pretzel' off Gemm for £10 each, so now all I need is 'Thrill' and I'll be happy!
Gary

Blzebub said:
A thread to slash your wrists to.
No, that would be the one that features glowing recommendations for Olias of Sunhillow, the reformed Eagles live LP and Keane's 3 hr DVD documentary of their last US tour.

advertisement

Back