advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

l-intro-1653508327.jpg

So I’m not the only one who thinks about things like this.

Sssssssomthing tellssssssss me that the next epissssssode will have a Gorn.

Joe

Did anyone notice the stuffed salt monster on display in Trelane's drawing room? I don't know if that's Nancy or a different salt monster, but if it is Nancy it would strongly suggest that Trelane is a Q because he's deliberately taunting the captain with the creature that almost killed him.

It was certainly Nancy's costume, but surely Star Fleet would have taken possession of the salt monster that was killed in Bones' quarters.

Yank,

True, it was the last of its kind and a shape-shifting monster that lived on salt. That's the sort of thing you'd want to hold on to.

Joe

Yank,

I found out something the other day. The person who played the salt monster also played one of the Talosians ... well, if you believe that nonsense conspiracy theory crap that Star Trek is just some TV show as opposed to reality.

Joe

Is there an award for Best Dressed Alien? If so, I’d like to nominate this Gorn for his natty scarf and waistcoat combo. I appreciate he loses marks for forgetting to put on a shirt, but I imagine that sort of thing slips your mind when you are confronted by a strange human who seems intent on boxing your ears.

I was expecting the picture of Captain Kirk installing main cable.

st-courtmartial20.jpg

Joe

I say exactly the same thing when giving a neck pinch. It’s a classic for a reason.

Joe

Is that the episode where Kirk has to slap Spock around, to get him mad and so stop wanting to hang out and be groovy on the hippie world?

Is that the episode where Kirk has to slap Spock around, to get him mad and so stop wanting to hang out and be groovy on the hippie world?

Yes.

I really wanted to post a picture of Spock hanging upside down from a tree, but I didn't like any of the stills of that scene I could find.

Yes.

I really wanted to post a picture of Spock hanging upside down from a tree, but I didn't like any of the stills of that scene I could find.
That episode pissed some people I know of at the time. Kirk using violence to wreck paradise struck them as blatantly wrong, but so typical of toxic straights. I agree that the drug used took away a part of human nature, but the paradise seemed good enough to be maybe worth it. In the real world, of course, drugs do not produce paradise and have severe down sides. But that's starting to get too complex for a 45-minute tv show. The plot as they did it was provocative enough--if there was a drug as good as shown, would it actually be 'worth it?'

advertisement

Back