advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

I must be one of the few that likes Discovery and Picard.

I do like Discovery, mostly but found Picard far less rewarding. I hope the next season peps up somewhat.

Now, when's the next season of The Mandalorion coming? (Filming commenced back in October)
Will the next season of Foundation dig itself out of its disappointing myre?
The Orville, come on guys no loitering, double time please.

We were just watching episode 7 of Disco last night and my wife remarked that that horrible Tarka bloke is a similar character to the evil villain Sadavir Errinwright.

We sat. And thought...and then it dawned on us!

We were just watching episode 7 of Disco last night and my wife remarked that that horrible Tarka bloke is a similar character to the evil villain Sadavir Errinwright.

We sat. And thought...and then it dawned on us!

Ahh Sadavir Errinwright - yes, he was a nasty piece of work. The Expanse has been absolutely brilliant. I found the early part of season 1 a bit tough to follow but I persevered and got into it. I've now seen all six bar the final episode which airs on Friday. And as for that theme music - just incredible.

Re Star Trek Discovery - it seems it has been moved off Netflix to a platform called Paramount+. I've seen the first three seasons but it seems that if I want to watch season 4 I will have to turn to Apple TV or Amazon Prime, and in both cases they charge an extra £20 for the privilege. If s4 is as good as the first three though then I might have to swallow it!

In the UK on Pluto which you can download on your fire stick FOC but is real time only for UK not on any on demand, 9pm on Friday, Sat, Sunday I believe. Have the app just always seem to be busy at 9pm over the weekend so missed it so far.

Ahh Sadavir Errinwright - yes, he was a nasty piece of work. The Expanse has been absolutely brilliant. I found the early part of season 1 a bit tough to follow but I persevered and got into it. I've now seen all six bar the final episode which airs on Friday. And as for that theme music - just incredible.
Agreed re-series 1. We're now in series 3 (so no spoilers please) and enjoying every minute. Amazing work in every respect.

As for Disco...I'm actually hating it (being a Trekkie I will still watch it, obvs). Endless saccharine scenes of emotional puke. Sorry.

Agreed re-series 1. We're now in series 3 (so no spoilers please) and enjoying every minute. Amazing work in every respect.

As for Disco...I'm actually hating it (being a Trekkie I will still watch it, obvs). Endless saccharine scenes of emotional puke. Sorry.

100% this

In all fairness, although Sonequa Martin-Green has carried the show really well as the lead, she is quite big into the *dramatic whisper* and it does get my goat every time she does that.

I have the final season of expanse a struggle so far, up to episode 4. The cast seem bored with it, or perhaps it was filmed with them all on green screen so as not to be near each other, thats how it feels. I genuinely have no idea what the plot with the kids are, ie. is this looking back in time or current or what is it lol. But hey I will see it out.

I don't post about Star Trek often, and I'm not sure if this is the right thread for such discussion, but I thought I'd mention that I've enjoyed Star Trek: Prodigy more than I thought I would. It is indeed a kid's show, but last week's episode was the trekkiest trek that ever trekked.

It would be nice if a mod added Star Trek: Prodigy to the thread title.

Joe

Incoming from Starfleet Command: Star Trek: Discovery’s fourth season will return from winter break with new episodes starting Thursday, February 10. Star Trek: Picard will launch Thursday, March 3, and then Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will have its series debut Thursday, May 5.

Could a mod add Strange New Worlds to the thread’s title? That would be awesome!

Joe

captain_picard_tea_order.png

I thought 7of9 had died in the last one. Has it really been two years?

Will have to rearrange tomorrow evening.

I thought 7of9 had died in the last one. Has it really been two years?

Will have to rearrange tomorrow evening.

Seven of Nine didn't die, the last we saw of her she was making out with Raffi.

I haven't seen the new one yet, my only hope is that the whole Picard is a robot now thing turns out to have just been a bad dream.

advertisement

Back