advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Thats a shame. Not available in the uk anyway and even if it was I am not paying another subscription. I was hoping that as it is part of Disney now, it would be included in Disney + but sadly no.

The record for the oldest person to go into space will soon be Shatnered!

Sorry, that was terrible.

Joe

I'm watching Orville on Disney + here in the UK, I've waited ages to catch up with it. A refreshing cross of TOS and galaxy quest, with some nice science fiction stories. I hope S3 stays on D+.

I said to a friend recently that I wished the teams behind the recent star wars work had done some star trek; and now I see Jon Favreau is working with Brannon Braga on this.

The record for the oldest person to go into space will soon be Shatnered!

Sorry, that was terrible.

Joe

He was the guest star in an episode of The Fugitive the other night. I didn’t see the programme, just saw his name on the closing credits, so I don’t know whether he was in Star Trek costume.

Have to say...I was disappointed with S2 of Lower Decks. I thought season 1 was superb and created a "kooky" little niche for itself in the Trek universe. But S2 just seemed to be trying too hard. And the constant in-jokes are starting to get tiresome. I guess less is more.

https://newsthump.com/2021/10/12/blue-origin-crew-concerned-by-new-uniforms-ahead-of-shatner-space-flight/

Star-Trek-red-shirt-william-shatner-1.jpg

A little disappointed by Picard I must say. Nothing much has happened after 6 episodes.
Plus Sir Patrick has a real and annoying speech issue – he’s 80 after all.
Not sure I’m going to continue. I haven’t read any of the spoilers but I bet he’s a synth and he’s not aware of it. Something like that.
Discovery is much better to me.

William Shatner needs to speak at COP26, he was clearly moved beyond measure!

And respect to Jeff Bezos for allowing him to speak without interruption. There seems to be an annoying trend in modern media that you just cut in and talk over someone and although Bezos isn't a media guy, he certainly showed respect and deference to Shatner by allowing to speak of his profound experience, so well done.

Within 72 hours of the new series beginning Netflix have announced they have lost the rights to Star Trek Discovery which will not now be on Netflix but on Paramount’s new streaming service starting next year.
Bollocks!

Paramount+ is supposed to be linking with Sky Cinema on SKY and NOW TV in the UK (covered by their subscriptions) which hasn't launched yet sadly but early next year.

Peacock has just merged output with Sky in the UK.

advertisement

Back