advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Steve,

Indeed, though I think the owl is doing that thing Mr. Spock does when he's trying to contact your mind but can't do a proper mind meld.

d216e41f142c2cee-600x338.jpg

Joe

Another Star Trek: Picard season 3 clip.

RED ALERT: may contain spoilers

Joe

So they're getting the old gang back together.

I haven't liked much about "Picard" so far, but one thing I totally approve of is the inclusion of Seven of Nine.

Here in the UK, their is a slightly major issue with getting to see this series though.
Modern tech = Paramount Plus.
Life is way too short to try and get onto the channel.
We have it, have tried literally hundreds of times over many, many hours to log on, and it is simply a death circle of doom.
Anyone who actually paid for the channel are not exactly happen - a quick google will tell you everything.

Here in the UK, their is a slightly major issue with getting to see this series though.
Modern tech = Paramount Plus.
Life is way too short to try and get onto the channel.
We have it, have tried literally hundreds of times over many, many hours to log on, and it is simply a death circle of doom.
Anyone who actually paid for the channel are not exactly happen - a quick google will tell you everything.

It seems to prefer some browsers over others, particularly if you have ad-blocking enabled. I get endless buffering with Firefox, and painless playback with Chrome.

The app is built into the smart TV, so who knows.
Trying to talk to them = impossible, and as for email, I guess their in box is permanently rammed. Here in the UK it seems mostly pot luck if you can get it. We have once, for an afternoon, then nowt..

The app is built into the smart TV, so who knows.
Trying to talk to them = impossible, and as for email, I guess their in box is permanently rammed. Here in the UK it seems mostly pot luck if you can get it. We have once, for an afternoon, then nowt..

My TVs, both Samsung, do not offer Paramount+ amongst their selection of SmartTV apps, so if I want to watch it I have to use the computer.

I’ve a Smart TV app (Android TV) for Paramount+, but it only plays programme soundtracks in stereo. The Paramount+ app on my older Roku streaming box, meanwhile, gives me 5.1 Surround (where available) for the same content. Weird.

Paramount+ works fine on Apple TV, but I agree that their customer service sucks. Tried multiple times to get them to change the email address associated with my account. Finally gave up, let my subscription expire, then signed up again.

In the US, it’s the only way I can watch new Trek as well as Champions League matches.

We have Apple TV+ - Paramount not on there, it is a stand alone app.
Just tried yet again - get to login, on your device type this code in. Code typed in, its on both the TV screen & iPad - hit return - Invalid code.
Stunningly bad service.

We have Apple TV+ - Paramount not on there, it is a stand alone app.
Just tried yet again - get to login, on your device type this code in. Code typed in, its on both the TV screen & iPad - hit return - Invalid code.
Stunningly bad service.

Am sure you’ve already tried this, but just in case…

If you open the Paramount Plus app on your ATV, does it give you an option to sign in “on my TV” vs “on the web”? The former should only ask for email address and password.

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ar...mount-on-my-Apple-TV-4th-generation-and-later

I have seen Picard S1 & S2, while there have been good moments / episodes they were little to do with Picard himself...

Picard in this show is so far removed from the character in TNG, the once stoic and self-assured Cpt of the USS Enterprise is now an old man regressed with his child like self-control, he frequently transitions from looking a bit lost to becoming exasperated or elated depending on the scene. I suspect Sir Patrick Stewart's contracted creative control may have been a factor to this uncomfortable shift in character portrayal ...

Even Kirk/Shatner with all his signature overacting did not exhibit such flip-flop behavior, unless he was under control of a higher power atleast ...

Mentioned to my daughter (26) over dinner that Picard was coming back for season 3 and we discussed what had happened in season 2 and how it was a bit of a shambles (never liked Q) and we all 3 agreed that strange new worlds was far better. Still I’ll probably try and see Picard (although my quasi-legal way of doing it seems kiboshed).

.sjb

advertisement

Back