advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

denni,

I know what you mean. Star Trek has never tackled the issues of the day, so why start now?

Joe

Joe, this episode goes wayyy back into my youth.

At the time we had black and white television 2 tv channels beeb1 & 2 - never having seen a " black " person; being from an isolated island on the west coast of Scotland.. to we kids( well me anyway) this episodes subject matter was a bit too exotic!.

Alert, alert, all decks on alert...

Trekkie fishies, Star Trek: Discovery season three coming soon — October 15 or 16, depending on your location.

https://ca.startrek.com/videos/star-trek-discovery-season-three-trailer

And for those who need a Trek fix now, here’s some footage from a lost original series episode, when Mr. Spock and his dad try recently installed VR tech in ol’ NCC-1701.

Joe

Loving Lower Decks here. For once Trek made by fans of TOS and the spinoffs.

Regardless of what I think, it's certainly polarising opinion out there in Trek fandom.

Hope you don't mind the cheeky thread registry re-assignment, Joe.

Off topic? This is a Trek thread!

4TwsTCy9y2M7vyjBUiIoUqHhbwYVfUoWqBxhwkrTwEHvSh5dSkGr4_zBHnxzC7AkToOIr1UkuWT2Mj6mEmsvfH0Cp3udhio

Joe

Slightly OT but I enjoyed ‘Away’.

SWMBO and I are watching that. Can’t decide if it’s sci-fi with relationship stuff thrown in to keep the [massive generalisation] Mrs [/massive generalisation] happy or relationship stuff with sci-fi to keep the [massive generalisation] blokes [/massive generalisation] happy.

There are worse ways to kill a couple of hours, and it does at least get us watching the same stuff in the same room.

Bob,

I’ll without judgment until I watch it, but oh dear...

Joe

C'mon Trek fishies .... worsening pandemic, winter's coming, it's dark way too early,...

Give me a ray of sunshine.

Joe

But-the staring into space with overtly emotional music!

Anyone who ever criticised Shatner for chewing the scenery in Trek is gonna have to eat their words now.

Stephen

advertisement

Back