advertisement

Squeezebox won't Re-Scan???

strummer

pfm Member
I'm using an old SB3 (or Classic, as they're now called). I really should ditch it & finally get my Mac Mini set up, but I never get round to it.

So....a few issues. Years ago, I could get the Web interface to display all my music & control things from there. Can't do that now. Have SOME control from Logitech Media Server, but no list of Music & even though it seems to Scan, I'm still missing albums at the SB3 end.

The SB3 works perfectly, but I've recently ripped a few more albums. None of them appear on the SB3. Some are there if I SEARCH & will play, but still don't appear in the list against that artist. Some I can't even find in a Search.

When I try to Re-Scan, I go :

Settings > Rescan Music Library I just get a list "1 items 12.00.1", "0 items 12.00.16" etc. What is that? Why won't it just Rescan?

ta

I'd stick with the SB3, a Mac Mini is overkill. Or you could use Raspberry Pi.

What you describe sounds like a corrupt database. Try doing a "Clear database and rescan everything" in LMS.

Tim

Nope. Should I do that & if so, how?

Which OS is the LMS on?

How would I do that? From the SB3 or Browser? That's basically what I've been trying to do, but can't.

strummer_zpsgul6yusu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On the windows control panel go to Advanced and run Cleanup.

With win 7 and 8 normally LMS is installed/run "As Administrator"

LMS v7.7.5 is default I think, with 7.8 or 7.9 as alternative

Thanks again MiaV

I've tried all that, but it looks like something is fundamentally wrong. Probably something REALLY simple to anyone with a clue...

In Logitech Media Server Control Panel, it says :

You don't have privileges to install or start/stop the Logitech Media Server background service. Please start the control panel from the Windows Start Menu, via the right click context menu, and click "Run as Administrator".

I've been to Control Panel & I am definitely Administrator.

Also, signs are that my SB Player is not connected. I've logged into the same Account at the SB3.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.5 - 1416570306 @ Thu Nov 27 07:38:09 CUT 2014
Hostname: PC
Server IP Address: 192.168.0.4
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 8 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 0

Library Statistics
Total Images: 0
Total Videos: 0
Total Tracks: 5,130
Total Albums: 413
Total Artists: 152
Total Genres: 68
Total Playing Time: 378:00:03

Media Scan Details
Discovering files/directories: \\Diskstation\music\Music (5813 of 5813) Complete 00:06:10

Scanning new music files: \\Diskstation\music\Music (5156 of 5156) Complete 00:15:57

Discovering playlists: C:\Users\Ian\Music\Playlists (1 of 1) Complete 00:00:00

Pre-caching Artwork (111 of 111) Complete 00:00:23

The server has finished scanning your media library.
Total Time: 00:22:30 (Sunday, June 7, 2015 / 2:49 PM)

In Logitech Media Server Control Panel, it says :

You don't have privileges to install or start/stop the Logitech Media Server background service. Please start the control panel from the Windows Start Menu, via the right click context menu, and click "Run as Administrator".
)

Have you actually tried starting LMS in this manner?

I have the same LMS version installed on my laptop.

When I download the .exe I right clicked on the file and selected run as Administrator.

Then did the install.

I don't run LMS at startup (it's just kept as a handy back-up).

I have just got it running by right clicking on the control tray and selecting 'LMS', then 'Open web control'.

I don't have a player connected at the moment but get this screen.

pfm_zpspsmcg1ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm not familiar with how one controls the SB3 (a remote I guess), but if you install Squeezeplay for Windows that might give another control option.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds#mjsaakvgp1nk4

You can then use it to select your player

pfm1_zpsgrwmitkf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And this stuff supposed to make life simpler :confused:

Stick a cd in your player, takes 2 seconds

By the time it has taken you to do this & open & reply to this thread you could have scanned your cd collection manually & pulled out 10 of your faves to play over the next week.

Have you actually tried starting LMS in this manner?

I have the same LMS version installed on my laptop.

When I download the .exe I right clicked on the file and selected run as Administrator.

Then did the install.

I don't run LMS at startup (it's just kept as a handy back-up).

I have just got it running by right clicking on the control tray and selecting 'LMS', then 'Open web control'.

I don't have a player connected at the moment but get this screen.

pfm_zpspsmcg1ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm not familiar with how one controls the SB3 (a remote I guess), but if you install Squeezeplay for Windows that might give another control option.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds#mjsaakvgp1nk4

You can then use it to select your player

pfm1_zpsgrwmitkf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks again MiV

I hadn't forgotten this, I have a habit of burying my head in the sand when things get technical :confused:

I did manage to Rescan. More luck than method. So the new additions appear, then next time I play, they're gone again. I can see the issue. The SB3 has several Music Locations listed & doesn't seem to keep the right one stored??

So I have to keep scrolling through Settings, Music Source. Apart from my Disk Station (the correct one), it has MySqueezecentre.com, LogitechServer, Mac Mini... All very confusing.

Can you not delete the 'sources' that are not required or do a Factory Reset and start with a clean install?

atb

Ronnie.

I can't delete anything from the Remote & not sure how I would Factory Reset?

I was fiddling with it last night & just can't make any sense of it. Sometimes I can access the Rescan & find all the albums I've recently added. Other times (like last night), I can't.

I too have a SB classic and I've recently had issues where I've ripped some CD's to FLAC, made sure they're tagged correctly and rescanned media folder.

Whatever I do, I can't get the SB (or the SB server) to see the new albums in artist view. Occasionally I can find the album if I browse in album order??

Very frustrating and i've just given up.... I've tried deleting the DB and rescanning. Still didn't fix it... Any ideas?

I too have a SB classic and I've recently had issues where I've ripped some CD's to FLAC, made sure they're tagged correctly and rescanned media folder.

Whatever I do, I can't get the SB (or the SB server) to see the new albums in artist view. Occasionally I can find the album if I browse in album order??

Very frustrating and i've just given up.... I've tried deleting the DB and rescanning. Still didn't fix it... Any ideas?

Also for Strummer post #3 in the link

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103623-Re-scan-failing

Thanks, but post 3 :

"You don't need to "tick the box" go to the cache folder ( whereabouts clearly stated in the lms settings info page ) stop lms delete all *.dB and wal files ,restart ".

doesn't mean anything to me :confused:

I've definitely go some underlying issue. I've set up a new Logitech Media Server account. I've removed the LMS desktop about 10 times & re-installed, but I keep getting this mesage :

Setup
Unable to execute file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\squeezeboxcp.exe
CreateProcess failed; code 740
The requested operation requires evaluation.

I'm ready for giving up :(

advertisement

Back