advertisement

Squeezebox Touch with Buffalo Linkstation NAS

banjoman

pfm Member
So I finally set up my Squeezbox Touch and realise that I need to have my Mac on to play music files - even the files on my NAS - a Buffalo Linkstation Live

A google search on how to install the Squeezebox server on my Buffalo NAS reveals the following:
- It can be installed, but appears complicated with need for some hacking with command lines...which does not come naturally to me
- Even if I successfully install it, my Buffalo NAS may not have the processing power to manage more than 5000 files without slowing to a crawl. I have 50,000 files with most of them Lossless and some 24/96

Anyone with any experience of this?

Basically I just want my SBT to access all files directly from my Buffalo Linkstation NAS without having to switch my Macbook on.....
Any easy way of getting this?

I had a buffalo once, moved to qnap since, they are a breeze to use and pretty quiet to boot, get one.

I had a buffalo once, moved to qnap since, they are a breeze to use and pretty quiet to boot, get one.

Which QNap model do you have? they seem pretty pricey.
Do i need to get separate hard disks to use with it or do they come with disks?
Do they work out of the box with a Squeezebox?

Not out of the box but they have a screen which allows you to install the package easily. Can't remember exactly, I don't use it any more, I've got a proper server for business and I run it on there now.

advertisement

Back