advertisement

Squeezebox Remotes

deltaunit

pfm Member
If I get a squeezebox v3 can I use a web interface or remote application in order to control it rather than having to use the provided remote control?

I'm thinking of hiding it away in a cupboard and so control via a computer or iPod would be ideal, does anyone know if it is possible?

Cheers!

I use my phone. Prior to that I used my iPod but I'll never have another apple product about me ......ever.

You can also control the SB directly from your pc. Right now I am upstairs in the study and have the Boom playing in the room next to me, sb classic in the kitchen and sb classic in the lounge all playing separately and all controlled from this lappy.......Geek heaven.

me too..

controlling your music from a laptop is such a tactile experience, reading about the band, the artist on the internet, whilst looking at the album artwork and making / changing playlists.

CD is dead in this house.

you can use laptop, Logitech SB controller (has screen), iPhone or iPod Touch (ipeng app), or Android phone (app)

I recently bought a new iPod touch and use it to control my SB3 via iPeng app.

Still getting my head around the app though as i find it isn't quite as easy to use as iTunes, but is broadly similar, just need more practice i think...

I also use the web interface on my desktop music server and a WiFi laptop.

advertisement

Back