advertisement

Squeezebox help

mickhick1

pfm Member
I brought my Squeezebox 3 to my apartment in Portugal but forgot to pack the remote. Does anybody know if it is possible to configure it to connect to a different network without the remote?
I've tried connecting with the ethernet cable as well as wireless, but haven't had any success.

I had that problem with my old SB when I used to have one - lost the remote.

I bought a logitech universal remote, and used that.

I found no way of doing it without a remote.

I think you are going to need a real remote as the player needs to connect to the server before you can use other control mechanisms such as iPeng.

The player should try to autoconnect over ethernet if you had it previously configured to do that, but if you had a manual server address set or it running on wifi then it may not do this. (factory reset assumes you have the remote too:()

Are you able to reconfigure your network so that it looks like the one it came from?

Thanks for the replies.
Adrian; I have only had the SB3 a few weeks and it normally connects to my wireless network in the UK which is BT Homehub. Here in Portugal I have a wireless network via a D link router and internet connection via my cable TV provider. I have no idea how I could make my wireless network here appear the same as the BT Homehub.
A colleague has promised to bring one of his SB remotes back from Uk after this weekend, so that will hopefully sort it out. If not or if he forgets, I will have wait until I next return in a few weeks. It's very annoying!

I managed to buy a cheap programmable remote in a local Chinese bazaar for 5 euros. This has enabled me to connect, but only via a ethernet connection. I just can't get it to connect wirelessly. It just says " can't find squeezebox server". Any ideas?

advertisement

Back