advertisement

Squardle

droodzilla

pfm Member
Anyone else playing?

https://squaredle.app/

It's become a firm favourite with me and my partner thanks to the finely-tuned timing of hints. After you get a few words, you're told how many of the remaining words start with each letter in the grid. After getting a few more, you're told how many remaining words include each letter. Finally there are options to arrange the words in alphabetical order and to show selected letters of the remaining words.

Squardle also distinguishes between target words, which count towards your total, and bonus words, which don't. This means that none of the words you have to find are very obscure. That said, I had never heard of the last word I found in today's puzzle (I guess it's more widely known in the US, than in the UK).

If you want to try a smaller grid, you can access the day's "Squardle Express" by clicking on the jigsaw icon to the top-left of the grid.

Highly recommended.

I've been playing it for 30+ years :)

51gOK42vgoL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073SMSKZH/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It's very good, but ultimately too time consuming for me when I've so much else on. I enjoy Wordle and Quordle as they are done in 5-10 minutes with a cup of coffee yet still provide a bit of a challenge.

If anyone's pressed for time, do Squardle Express (click on the jigsaw icon near the grid). Should only take 10 minutes, so easy to complete with a cup of tea and a hob-nob. Or a Mr Kipling fondant fancy, if you're posh.

Fiendish but thankfully finished! Also got 63 bonus words, including bonus word of the day.

I had two words that fit the pattern but weren't the word of the day, I couldn't see anything else that would fit.

Hah! Like that, the old noodle had to switch on. Quicker than I thought I'd be, at the cost of only 6 extra words before finishing those wanted.

@droodzilla : You bastard...I'm now hooked :D Yes it takes longer than the likes of Wordle as I said, but I find myself coming back to it when having a cuppa... and you're right about the hints being added at just the right time. Thanks for the post :D

advertisement

Back