advertisement

Springsteen on Broadway

Jonn

Tons of Trouble
Essentially an acoustic double album, with either guitar or piano accompaniment. Song introductions and rumination on life and the state of the USA form about half the album. This is worth listening to but probably not more than once. Fortunately they are separate tracks and can easily be edited out for future listening.

Sound quality is excellent. Some songs work better than others. Born in the USA is mainly a spoken narrative and I'm not sure the Patti Scialfa accompanied track add anything imo as her voice isn't really a good match with Springsteen's.

However, worth getting if you're a Springsteen fan as most of the songs sound great, enhanced by the small venue intimacy.

Available now on Netflix in Dolby Vision for those who have taken that option.

It’s two and a half hours long, I’ve only watched the first 15 minutes and enjoyed that. It seems fairly obvious that it’s scripted with a teleprompter somewhere, but that doesn’t detract.

What does Dolby Vision option mean?

In addition to the standard Netflix HD option there’s a slightly more expensive subscription that allows you to watch in 4k and HDR for those programmes available with that feature.

Dolby Vision is a high dynamic range (HDR) system that gives a greater dynamic range to the image than a ‘standard’ TV. To take advantage of it you need a TV than can process the signal. There’s also a wider colour gamut which means a HDR TV can display a wider range of colours.

I hope we get another E Street Band Tour. He's said definitley not 2019, I think it's looking no better than 50:50...

advertisement

Back