advertisement

Spotted in a Bric-à-Brac shop window ...

eisenach

pfm Member
Leominster in Herefordshire is not renowned as a good source of HiFi, but look what I spotted today in a local "vintage" shop ...

IMG-20210903-122146.jpg

IMG-20210903-122158.jpg

IMG-20210903-122203.jpg

IMG-20210903-122152.jpg

I'm not sure if the prices are in order, but I was surprised to see such attractive stuff in Leominster. The Revox is tempting, although I'd rarely use it.

If anyone wants me to buy for them, send me a message !

I can't see the Quad prices but they are having a laugh with the other items, especially the Revox A77!

£560 for the set; you can see them at the bottom of the Revox picture (N°3).

I doubt many in Leominster would know what they're worth really, including me ! :)

Think I saw this shop on a recent visit to Leominster. He had quick a collection of vintage hifi in there. A bit surprising to say the least!

Price for the Quad trio looks reasonable and aligned to what you'd pay on eBay.
Looks like a clean set with all the facia and knob printing intact.

It's hard to find real bargains these days as charity shops are increasingly trying to sell for top money rather than just sell cheaply. It can be ridiculous. A shop in Linlithgow a few weeks ago had 'Out of The Blue' in blue vinyl for £60 and 'Hounds of Love' for £40, both way over priced. A lot of shops are avoiding electricals completely theses days as they need to get them PAT tested before they can sell them.

Interesting stuff. A local charity place to me (no names) now won't collect furniture unless it is immaculate. They say they can't sell it otherwise......

Interesting stuff. A local charity place to me (no names) now won't collect furniture unless it is immaculate. They say they can't sell it otherwise......

I can understand that, living in Wembley I have a daily drop of old furniture and mattresses dumped on the pavement near my house - most of it only suitable for bonfire night.

What kind of a charity shop is this? our local charity shops would have seen the staff pay £5 for the lot and had it home before it ever saw the shop window.
Agree. Shouldn't name names as this could get me a ban but it was a local charity, not a national one. Once upon a time they weren't so choosy. That is the charity shop as well as (seemingly) those who use them! Maybe we just have a better claas of poor people ;):D

Very odd to see such a display in a bric-a-brac or charity shop window. The only time I ever saw similar was the exact same Quad kit in a charity shop window in Glastonbury a couple of years ago at a similar price. I had hoped it'd be marked up as £20 or something.

The Quad items are almost twice what I payed for them about 40 years ago. The 303 is still a dependable little power amp but the pre is certainly not what people would nowadays call transparent.

I'd be over the moon to sell my 33/303 for anywhere near that price! Might even find the FM3 somewhere.

Leominster is stuffed with 'antique' shops. It can be a very nice day/afternoon out. Lovely town too. I doubt the shop in question is a 'charity' shop.

It is not very far from me - but unless I am passing through either on my cross country route to Swansea, or I want to go to the architectural salvage place,
I do not have sufficient interest in the kit on offer to wander over there.

advertisement

Back