advertisement

Spotify Premium not so free trial

Ant

pfm Member
I thought I'd try out the free 7 day Spotify Premium so I followed the trial links, added the relevant paypal account details and was assured no monies would be taken, monies would only be taken if I continued to use the service after the trial period of 7 days without cancellation.

However, immediately after accepting the free trial T&C's, I received an email from paypal/spotify thanking me for the payment of £9.99 for a months subscription to 'Premium'

How the feck is that free? It completely goes against the T&C's

I've contacted spotify with no prevail, anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
Ant

I thought I'd give the premium a go solely for the 'still not brilliant but better' 320k as opposed to the 160k fixed with 'free' accounts. I'd have quite happily paid the tenner after the trial and furthermore but it's pissed me off now, gdammit.

Best £10/month I spend on music.

It's two pints of lager in a poncy bar........that's all for good quality streaming and a massive choice of music. Currently working my way through the Grateful Dead back catalogue.

I thought I'd try out the free 7 day Spotify Premium so I followed the trial links, added the relevant paypal account details and was assured no monies would be taken, monies would only be taken if I continued to use the service after the trial period of 7 days without cancellation.

However, immediately after accepting the free trial T&C's, I received an email from paypal/spotify thanking me for the payment of £9.99 for a months subscription to 'Premium'

How the feck is that free? It completely goes against the T&C's

I've contacted spotify with no prevail, anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
Ant

I dunno maybe you clicked a wrong button or something but what the heck it is an amazing resource of music for a tenner a month. Currently listening to a ridiculously early Modern Lovers live album...ace.

+1. Fantastic access to music that I wouldn't otherwise try.

I just installed the app to stream spotify through my DS player. Wow. I haven't used the pay version yet as I just wanted to make sure I could get it working first.

Probably one of the most significant upgrades I've ever made to my system. You can stream anything from any of the computers, wirelessly or otherwise in the house. My son and I were up till late whilst we explored some of the stuff on his spotify lists. Hifi is not just about great quality, it's also about great content.

Ant

Persevere.

It's the best £10 I spend a month. I listen to pretty much anything I want both at home, take it away on my iPhone, then buy the vinyl if I really like it for "quality" listening.

For existing paying users, double check that you have high quality set in the preferences. I've had to reset it a couple of times off the back of upgrades.

Jay

Another fan here guys. Although i to got scammed for £10 at the beginning of the free trial. However I did get that £10 back - the chap who dealt with me even re-sent all my playlists that i had made, as due to IOS update, i lost all of them.

TBH, best £10 spent every month. Some classic are missing, but hey the archives keep getting bigger.

Plus I now stream it via my receiver and my main rig and my iphone etc etc etc, endless ways of listening to it.

quick question, however - can you shuffle all the tracks, regardless of whether they are in a playlist or not. As at times I would like to shuffle all music, like I used to on Windows Media Player - that would be handy.

My charge issue has been resolved - I received an apologetic email from Spotify this am followed by a full refund so that's that cleared up... Back to finding new music :)

advertisement

Back