advertisement

Spotify on Stream Magic 6

Minio

Kind of Sort of Not really...
We've probably been here before but I've just had my Stream Magic6 v1 upgrade itself. It now lists Spotify as a digital input. When you select this it says "Spotify not logged in".

Does any one know if it is possible to log in and how?

Do you have a paid Spotify Connect subscription? I'm fairly sure you need this, not just the free version, and it's that log-in you're being asked for.

Yes I have a log in I use on laptop or pc. I would input this if I knew how. I know v2 is Spotify supported but have not heard about any v1 support for Spotify.

I would like to use my log in on the Stream Magic if I can. Otherwise the Spotify input will annoy me every time I see it on the home screen.:mad:

If you load Spotify on a iPad or similar you have the option to send the audio to a "Spotify connect enabled device" rather than it playing locally.

Click the Connect icon (speaker Icon) in the bottom-right.

Yes I have a log in I use on laptop or pc. I would input this if I knew how. I know v2 is Spotify supported but have not heard about any v1 support for Spotify.

/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Spotify runs quite happily on the SM6 V1 Minio.

I have had this set up for about 1 month, controlled by the Spotify App on my IPad.

Feel free to pm me if you want more detail.

:)

Ok thanks. I'm now looking for a Spotify app for my phone or laptop.

I've found it. On Samsungs help site -"how to download Spotify" . Followed the instructions. Got Spotify, logged in.

Switch on Stream Magic and "connect available" comes up on phone. Select that and off you go!

Thanks for the pointers. Sound is not bad at all through a Naim system and top speakers. I may not be flogging the Pink Triangle and vinyl collection just yet though.

I must have had my SM6 several years whilst Cambridge Audio seemed to have lost the Spotify incentive. So I am quite surprised that here it now is up and running, after a firmware upgrade and a little research.

The android app seems a bit limited in operation but the laptop has the full search and play facility with connect to SM6 and native operation. Nice job Cambridge!

Thanks for the pointers. Sound is not bad at all through a Naim system and top speakers. I may not be flogging the Pink Triangle and vinyl collection just yet though.

This sounds very similar to my experience Minio.

I have Naim 72/HI/140 into Naim Arivas

As you say the sound is 'not bad at all', but like you I shan't be flogging my LP12/Ittok

Glad to see that you are up and running.

:)

Sound quality will never be great, but make sure you have Spotify set to the highest bit rate to get some half decent sound from it. In the app, go to Settings > Streaming Quality > Extreme. That gives you 320kb/s

advertisement

Back