advertisement

Spotify HIFI is here!!!

RoA

pfm Member
... or so I thought when I opened my emails.

The bright Spotify logo on top with '2020 wrapped up' promised much but it was just some 'your top songs' compilation.

Another year goes much like the last 2 or three, much talk about lossless and nothing.

Groundhog day. Useless.

Tidal and Quobuz it will be still.

I’m trying Qobuz Studio Premier at the moment and it sounds great. However there really are frustrating gaps in their music library. So would also like Spotify to sort their sh*t out!

The bright Spotify logo on top with '2020 wrapped up' promised much but it was just some 'your top songs' compilation.

Another year goes much like the last 2 or three, much talk about lossless and nothing.

Groundhog day. Useless.

Bastard (or Bastardette or BastardX... covering all bases as is the requirement these days) for taking me on an emotional roller coaster... all be it for 4 seconds.

Although even when it does I am currently wedded to LMS and its up in the air if and when Spotty Hi Fi comes out whether LMS will support it.

Peter

Groundhog day. Useless.

Seeing the title of your post is having the same effect on the rest of us!

Cheers BB

Now you can get Tidal HiFi for only £9.99 per month, I won’t be changing now, anyway. Did think about it though.

The same thing happened me with that email.

Think I'll get the tidal offer to try them again over Christmas since I'll be at home and have more time with the stereo.

I have rarely used spotify - even when a free trial of premium was taken advantage of, I found the interface so non-intuitive - finding music, saving favourites. And i always ended up with shuffle on even when i didn't want it. Ye another reason why i stick with CDs!

Chaps

I have the usual Naim / CD / Vinyl set up in the UK house and a pair of KEF LSX wireless speakers in the Spanish shack which I use to stream music via Spotify and also use them as a sound bar for the TV.

I often play them through the TV radio section and they sound very good. Not as good as the Naim NAT01 / Shahian Arcs back in the UK but they are passable and actually sound better than a Naim Muso.

The sound coming out of the speakers via Spotify is nowhere near as good as that coming out of the TV but I live with it as I only stream about 10% of the time. Spotify is convenient but the ads are in Spanish and the shuffling is really bloody irritating.

However a couple a months ago the ads ceased for no reason and I can now stream all day, if I so wish, without hearing a single ad, so there is no point in upgrading. However the streamer is only good enough for kitchen music.

The simple fact of life is that vinyl and CD is now an anachronism but it still beats streaming on grounds of quality hands down. The only good news about streaming is that you can buy vinyl and CDs out in Spain for next to nothing. 10 CDs for a euro is the going rate and I once paid 50 euros for a pack of 3000 LPs. and the charity shops just can't shift them. Every cloud as a silver lining as there will be loads of cheap good quality music around for years to come on CD and vinyl.

Regards

Mick

Chaps

I have the usual Naim / CD / Vinyl set up in the UK house and a pair of KEF LSX wireless speakers in the Spanish shack which I use to stream music via Spotify and also use them as a sound bar for the TV.

I often play them through the TV radio section and they sound very good. Not as good as the Naim NAT01 / Shahian Arcs back in the UK but they are passable and actually sound better than a Naim Muso.

The sound coming out of the speakers via Spotify is nowhere near as good as that coming out of the TV but I live with it as I only stream about 10% of the time. Spotify is convenient but the ads are in Spanish and the shuffling is really bloody irritating.

However a couple a months ago the ads ceased for no reason and I can now stream all day, if I so wish, without hearing a single ad, so there is no point in upgrading. However the streamer is only good enough for kitchen music.

The simple fact of life is that vinyl and CD is now an anachronism but it still beats streaming on grounds of quality hands down. The only good news about streaming is that you can buy vinyl and CDs out in Spain for next to nothing. 10 CDs for a euro is the going rate and I once paid 50 euros for a pack of 3000 LPs. and the charity shops just can't shift them. Every cloud as a silver lining as there will be loads of cheap good quality music around for years to come on CD and vinyl.

Regards

Mick

Perhaps try one of the lossless or even HR services rather than Spotify. They sound better and, imho easily compare to CD.

The recent decision to not shuffle automatically makes Spotify a more pleasant experience. Prior to this it was hard work to listen to an album.

Chaps

Regards

Mick
Free Spotify doesn’t sound as good as Spotify Premium. There are settings that will give you better fidelity.

advertisement

Back