advertisement

Spend my Amazon voucher

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Here are some nice things you can buy and only use only once (or less) before stashing them away in the kitchen or shed for ever
Leather hole punch
Lemon zester
Sharp mandolin thing for kitchen
Knife sharpener
Pop riveter
Thing for taking very thin slices of cheese
Bread maker
Drill bit for glass/mirror
Suction pads for handling panes of glass

meh. I’ve already got those except the mandolin thing. Didn’t Rod Stewart write a song about that?

The Russian book would make me look good on the train, but it would leave me another £9.99 to spend.

meh. I’ve already got those except the mandolin thing. Didn’t Rod Stewart write a song about that?

The Russian book would make me look good on the train, but it would leave me another £9.99 to spend.

Well, First Cut is the Deepest may be more appropriate for that particular kitchen accoutrement!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

When I was younger, I learnt to play the mandolin but I gave it up when I lost all my fingers.

Yes, I have an Executioner in my office. Works very well, but I did have a very resilient bluebottle once that survived several zaps until it finally fried on the mesh. Immensely satisfying.

I recently bought this one -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000MU2MJA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

But haven't had a chance to use it yet - apart from on some unfortunate family members lol. Gives off a flash and a surprising 'crack' sound (no burning flesh smell though).

we've got one - very useful. It replaced one from Maplins which broke which was more useful as it was telescopic and it enabled you to reach into distant corners to zap critters

Here are some nice things you can buy and only use only once (or less) before stashing them away in the kitchen or shed for ever
Leather hole punch
Lemon zester
Sharp mandolin thing for kitchen
Knife sharpener
Pop riveter
Thing for taking very thin slices of cheese
Bread maker
Drill bit for glass/mirror
Suction pads for handling panes of glass

I think I have all of those except the bread maker which went off to silicone heaven after being used regularly until it died! I use a few of those things frequently, however, I'm generally quite happy when I can't remember when I last used the leather punch. It means I haven't outgrown my belt holes for a while :D

I recently bought this one -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000MU2MJA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

But haven't had a chance to use it yet - apart from on some unfortunate family members lol. Gives off a flash and a surprising 'crack' sound (no burning flesh smell though).
It's probably illegal now like anything that's any fun is these days, but in my yoof I improved one of these with the flash capacitors from a disposable camera. I was never cruel enough to try it on a family member but I did once manage to discharge it through myself; full on compulsive spasm and about 20 minutes before my heart-rate returned to normal! I thought it was more humane for the flies though, they used to twitch stuck to the wires or just be stunned sometimes, the upgrade incinerated them very quickly!

It's probably illegal now like anything that's any fun is these days, but in my yoof I improved one of these with the flash capacitors from a disposable camera. I was never cruel enough to try it on a family member but I did once manage to discharge it through myself; full on compulsive spasm and about 20 minutes before my heart-rate returned to normal! I thought it was more humane for the flies though, they used to twitch stuck to the wires or just be stunned sometimes, the upgrade incinerated them very quickly!

Oooh, I never thought of upgrading it. Will have to do a search...

advertisement

Back