advertisement

Speeches in parliament over anti-semitic activities.

Did you ever think Corbyn was gonna get an easy ride? I mean the only way that old Labour militants now dominate the centre of the party/shadow government is because Labour changed the way their leader was elected, radically. A centrist like Kinnock used to get enough flak from the right wing press, Corbyn is a gift to them, and the conservative party! Not that I disagree with his views, but I hate the victimology of the Corbyn/Momentum crowd. And so what Israeli lobbyists want to influence politics, there are all sorts of lobby's, as long the rules are adhered to, then that's democracy. Its up to the left wing lobbyists/political groups to push their agenda. I watched Newsnight the day after the latest Israeli massacre, I didn't notice any bias towards Israel or Palestine.
Oh I knew he was going to be facing exactly the problems he's facing from the moment he won his first leadership election. That was always a gimme. And yes it was always obvious the Israel lobby and its lackeys in the establishment media would be driving it all.

But apart from the fact that the interests of a foreign state should not influence British politics in such an obvious way, I'm pissed off that anyone could believe Corbyn is at fault in terms of this anti-Semitism shit. Which is not to say he doesn't have faults; he does, I'm not a blind disciple, but anti-Semitism is not one of them.

Yet some believe all the crap..

EDIT: If you watch the BBC enough you'll see an obvious pro-Israel bias. Very obvious.

What are you even on about? Can't you see that the post you quoted highlighted the stated intention of the Israel lobby to 'work' to ensure total obedience from both main parties, as it enjoys in the US? Do you see that I highlight how Corbyn's principled stand wrt injustices and war makes him an obvious target for said lobby?

Why do you quote that post asking me about pro-Palestinian proselytising?

Because the post I quoted was about you pleading with Tony not to mock your views and allow your pro-Palestinian/anti-Israeli rankings and ravings a free rein.
Chris

The idea that Labour are going to lose the next election over non-Labour members talking about Israelis killing Palestinians is itself eccentric.
Antisemitism in the LP is real, but not systemic, and will be dealt with. No one here talking about it actually gives a ! about it: it’s a bone for petulant centrists to chew on.

Labour continues to be damaged by its half-arsed and semi effective efforts to address AS within the ranks.
"will be dealt with" = should've and could've been dealt with a long time ago.

The centre’s gone well gammon. OT has been Mescalatinised.

Deflecting and obfuscating Labours AS problem is one, if not the, main reason it hasn't been dealt with.
This sort of fruity denial also provides an open goal for the Cons and RW media.

‘Gammon’ is angry red-faced middle-aged white Brexiters, so very Labour in seats if not vote-share. The Libs, SNP and Greens are the only Gammon-free parties. Corbyn even has a Gammon Brexit policy!

Gammon with the Mammon...

peppa-pig-logo-1.jpg

Difficult to discuss this subject without including issues that are not welcome here.

It's like trying to have a fair game of rugby whilst tying one team's left arm behind their backs.

To avoid another flounce, do you think it might be best to close down a thread that discusses allegations of anti semitism and the reasons for those allegations?

It's like trying to have a fair game of rugby whilst tying one team's left arm behind their backs.

Surely it's not possible to tie a team's left arms behind their backs without at the same time tying their right arms behind their backs; otherwise, what would you tie the left arm to?

Surely it's not possible to tie a team's left arms behind their backs without at the same time tying their right arms behind their backs; otherwise, what would you tie the left arm to?

Are you consuming much alcohol, a boy scout could work that one out. Forgot I am on your ignore list, or you just ignore me, wtf.

Bloss

Are you consuming much alcohol, a boy scout could work that one out. Forgot I am on your ignore list, or you just ignore me, wtf.

Bloss

I'm completely sober, and no-one's on my ignore list. OTOH, I was never in the Scouts, so all that fancy knot stuff passed me by.

Just banning folk who get over-agitated or start trolling should suffice. Any takers?

Absolutely not Tony.

Take control of a dialogue's direction and remove those who try to stray from that personally chosen path or who argue intelligently against it. I fully understand and have no issues whatsoever with that personally.

Any boss would do the same in business. PFM and other platforms are not my personal toys - they are businesses and require a great deal of work and vision. I will abide by the rules. I've always tried to do that but apparently I stray more and more from the chosen path.

That vision voiced through threats on the platform is somewhat at odds with liberalism and freedom of speech though IMHO. Maybe a good time to update the AUP? Just a thought not a recommendation.

Now shall we drop this anti Semitism BS and talk about records and the weather?

Just heard on Channel 4 News that Ken Livingtone has resigned from the Labour Party. It is also in The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/politic...gstone-quits-labour-after-antisemitism-claims

"In a statement on Twitter, he said: “After much consideration, I have decided to resign from the Labour party. We desperately need a Corbyn-led government to transform Britain and I’ll continue to work to this end.”

"He added: “The ongoing issues around my suspension from the Labour party have become a distraction from the key political issue of our time – which is to replace a Tory government overseeing falling living standards and spiralling poverty, while starving our schools and the NHS of the vital resources they need.”

"The Labour leader said: “Ken Livingstone’s resignation is sad after such a long and vital contribution to London and progressive politics, but was the right thing to do.”

Livingstone maintains what he said about Hitler was misreported. He heard some members of the NEC were going to clamp down on him, so he decided to go.

Jack

He also reckoned that it would have taken a further two years with lawyers to go through what has to be the most absurd processes on the planet, i.e. it would have taken Labour 3+ years to decide if someone was anti-Semitic or not!

It's remarkably easy to accuse people of anti-Semitism and to besmirch the names good people and human rights activists.

On the day the US basically declared war on Iran, and the Grenfall inquiry opened, the BBC have had the ticker-tape breaking news feed on loop telling everyone of Livingstone’s resignation.

Livingstone has done the right thing.
He was about to be expelled, and in the process we'd have seen those disgracefully using antisemitism for their own twisted ends (yes that's you Streeting, Mann and clan) crowing.

Ken will still campaign for Labour, still attend many of the campaigning meetings which are now thankfully organised by Momentum, and therefore open.
He'll effectively do a Tony Benn - leave the Party to devote more time to politics, though Benn simply left parliament :)
He will retain some impact on Party votes thanks to his trade union membership, since his union is affiliated to Labour.

So not too shabby really.

But the Party must really now accelerate the deselection process to clear out the Blair legacy.
We have grip on most of the Party wards now.

On the day the US basically declared war on Iran, and the Grenfall inquiry opened, the BBC have had the ticker-tape breaking news feed on loop telling everyone of Livingstone’s resignation.

Great shame although he was getting on a bit anyway. He argues his point very well - even against Jewish hawks on the Jewish Global TV channel.

It's just a subject that has been taken off the political table. Everywhere. It is remarkably easy to be accused of anti semitism for having a view on current affairs or indeed history that the Board of Deputies take exception to.

Such accusations, regardless of their veracity, dominate the news to such an extent that they have the desired effect of silencing free speech.

It's remarkably easy to accuse people of anti-Semitism and to besmirch the names good people and human rights activists.

Yes Mike, that's what should be ringing alarm bells to anyone with a brain.
The very people being accused of anti-Semitism have in most part spent their entire adult lives fighting against such evil.

This really is very simple. Some prominent Jewish groups are aligning with those out to destroy Corbyn (including some of his own MPs), primarily because the current Labour leadership is highly critical of the Israeli government.
There is therefore a deliberate conflation of political opposition to the actions of a state with anti-Semitism, for political ends.
That this comes from prominent members of the Jewish community is a disgrace, because it dilutes the power of those genuinely fighting anti-Semitism.

advertisement

Back