advertisement

Speakers that sound BIG and don't look like droids

Druid

51583219350_f55bd05ef2.jpg
Is that you at the weekend?

The ‘biggest-sounding’ speakers I’ve had pass through my lounge are the Leak 3090s, Duntech Marquis and the Elipson Prestige Facet 34F.

Still none of these could match the resident Beolab 90s for sheer sonic scale but I’m guessing they fail the ‘droid’ test!

I agree that a big sound can be achieved with the subtle addition of a sub or two if this beats the WAF.

get some lovely standmounts that meet approval then hide a sub.

if you can go bigger, then get a pair of impulse H2’s.

Hide a sub or two and you can get “big” sound from even toy-sized speakers:

KEF LS50 (David) Versus JBL 4722 Cinema (Goliath) Speaker Comparison with Binaural Recordings

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...ker-comparison-with-binaural-recordings-r768/

image1.png.5153eda2f47d94bb76c0be4852e1b8b9.png

interesting. I liked the LS50 a lot though I found a sub mandatory for my tastes. However, they still sounded a bit hard and strained to me at volume. A perfect example of a speaker that don’t, for lack of a better term, sound big.

The ‘biggest-sounding’ speakers I’ve had pass through my lounge are the Leak 3090s, Duntech Marquis and the Elipson Prestige Facet 34F.

Still none of these could match the resident Beolab 90s for sheer sonic scale but I’m guessing they fail the ‘droid’ test!
Beolab 90, the crumpled golf bag of speakers...

advertisement

Back