advertisement

Speakers for Exposure Super xv

Bracksy

pfm Member
Looking for speakers for the xv i have been switching between Rega Ela & Royd Sapphire's the Royd's are to bright on a lot of music & the Ela's are to bass light.
I have quite a small room 4m by 5m so they must work well close to wall
i used to have an Exposure X with Sonus Faber Concertino's which was really nice.
Budget £350 max 2nd hand
Really do want to love this amp :mad:

More bass than Elas for £350 secondhand? I'd be seriously thinking about something like Ruark Standmounts with a sub. I can't think of any suitably refined floorstanders with better bass than Rega Elas than can be had for <£350 S/H. Best I've used was Quad ESL 63's with a BK sub.

edit: Actually, speaker tech's moved on a lot since any of the above were new and I'm currently using Q Acoustics Concept 20's on my Super XV, which are fantastic. Maybe Q Acoustics 2050s, their floorstanders, which can be had for a less than your ceiling might be worth a punt?

Talisman 2's should be perfect.

I don't know about the Super XV, but the Super XX I had was noticeably bass light, so chances are yours is similar.

The T2's have a strong, but well controlled bottom end.

I heard an Exposure xx ( no phono version of xv - 35 Watts ?) sound absolutely fantastic some 20 years ago at a dealer.
Arcam Alpha 5 (+ I think) , Exposure xx , Mission 752 with cyrus cables (like dnm?). All in a small demo room.

Magic it was.

Talisman 2s are a good match. I also found that my Exposure 17/18 were an excellent match with Castle Harlechs - really 'woke them up' compared to other amps I've used.

Thanks for comments so far. I am pretty happy. I would say the xv is a bit lite in the bass department. Never had a problem with the Ela's when i was using a Brio-r.
Starting to think i need to improve my source. Currently an Apollo-r. A TT is on the cards in the near future. I plugged in a panasonic blue ray player last night & things improved.Maybe the appolo will have to be moved on.
so some cdp ideas would be nice to. up to £300 ish

Thanks

So Yesterday i picked up a pair of Mordant Short MS10i's
Fantastic great fun musical Speakers they have brought the xv to life :)
Not the most refined but for £35 not complaining

advertisement

Back