advertisement

Speaker upgrade ideas?

technarchy

pfm Member
Hi all,
My system is as follows, leema pulse amp, linn lp12/basik plus/grado black, Cambridge audio np30 streamer & nakamichi tape, rel t7 sub & pmc b2 speakers. My musical tastes are dnb, house, funk,soul, hip hop etc with some rock/metal thrown in! My room is 16 X 15ft.
I've got £650 & the sale of the pmcs to play with. I'm just after a change as I've had the speakers 15 years so wanted to try something different! I listen at low to moderate volume due to neighbours etc but do whack it up occasionally.
Thanks,
David

I'm just after a change as I've had the speakers 15 years so wanted to try something different!

Be very careful here - I sold my 30 year old Rogers LS3/5a speakers "just for a change" and kinda regret it. I like my Aerial 5B speakers but there was just something comforting about my 30 year old system that I've never quite been able to forget!

Get your 'new' speakers before you sell your old. And do not sell old until at least 2 months have passed with your new speakers. Time to allow the new ones to bed in, run in, be adjusted for optimum and your ears/brain/heart/eyes/GF/wife to adjust. Only then will you really know if the move was the right one.

Cashflow is hurt a little, but that is what credit cards can be used for!

This thread as most of the is only a namedropping thread which won't really help you.
Go out and listen to different stuff, that is the only thing that will bring you further to your goal "new speaker".

advertisement

Back