advertisement

Speaker stands for Guru Junior?

_howard

Hi,

I'm currently running Guru Juniors in a 'flat-earth' system (Naim NAC 42.5/NAP 90 and LP12). The speakers are sat on Ikea furniture; they are toed-in and positioned against the rear wall, as per manufacturer's guidance. I've recently attached the little decoupling sponge feet to the base of the speakers, though don't feel they've made any difference to the sound. (Though I blame this on crap room acoustics as much anything else.)

We'll (hopefully) be moving house in the coming months, and there'll be opportunity to have a look at living room furniture and what to stand the little Gurus on. I'm looking at a couple of options: a wide solid wood sideboard, with a speaker sat at each end; or speaker stands. If I were to look at speaker stands, are there good options that the Gurus could decouple from? Would stands be a big improvement over sitting them on a solid bit of furniture?

Thanks,

Howard

I have mine on a pair of heavy, metal sand filled stands, similar to a Target 4-poster stands. I also use the foam SD footers. Sounds good to me driven by Nait XS3, Linn K20 cabling. They certainly can be quite surprising at how decent the bass end is for such a small cabinet and driver. Fun little speakers!

Thanks both for the guidance. They are definitely good little speakers - I'll look into some solid heavy stands for them.

I was recently looking for some stands for my Cesti MBR’s. Found the B&W STAV24, which are designed for small bookshelf speakers. You can fill with sand if desired. Delighted with them, excellent quality and great value for money.

advertisement

Back