advertisement

Speaker matching advice for Rega system

Hi Kowalski99,
I have a pair of Rega RS3s in cherry which are looking for a new home. Compact floorstanders which are front ported so work well against a wall. Ideal for small to medium rooms. Detailed, transparent sound with good bass for their size. Would benefit from the synergy of your Rega components. The corner of one speaker is slightly chipped but otherwise excellent condition: used sparingly and not driven hard. Not required because I found a pair of keenly priced Shahinian Arcs which I couldn't refuse. £778 when new. Open to reasonable offers. Don't have the original boxes though I think I can send them safely. Your profile doesn't state where you live. I can PM you photos if you're interested.

To the OP

Rega ELA’s were just great speaker. I heard them with a an original Mira at Westwood and Mason many years ago and they just sounded right.

I few years later I heard the same pre/power amp you have driving a pair of Royd Sorcerers - one of the most musically communicative combinations I have ever heard!

IMHE, the older Rega amps are excellent and well worth holding on to. Find a pair of Royd Sorcerers, place them on good tall stands, 6 inches from the wall. Enjoy.
Great ideas, I have some decent speaker stands so something else to look for.

Hi Kowalski99,
I have a pair of Rega RS3s in cherry which are looking for a new home. Compact floorstanders which are front ported so work well against a wall. Ideal for small to medium rooms. Detailed, transparent sound with good bass for their size. Would benefit from the synergy of your Rega components. The corner of one speaker is slightly chipped but otherwise excellent condition: used sparingly and not driven hard. Not required because I found a pair of keenly priced Shahinian Arcs which I couldn't refuse. £778 when new. Open to reasonable offers. Don't have the original boxes though I think I can send them safely. Your profile doesn't state where you live. I can PM you photos if you're interested.
Hi thanks for the offer..I live in Brighton. I tried the recent rx-7s and didn't love them.. Couldn't quite work out why! Maybe the older speakers would be better suited?

Left field suggestion.

Look out for a pair of Rega Juras. I sold a few way back I've often thought that 'all Rega' systems can sometimnes be a bit too .err.. Rega. Too bouncy, too 'prat'. y. I've said before I love rega kit and Rega as a Co, but sometimes...

The Jura might settle things a bit

Mull

Left field suggestion.

Look out for a pair of Rega Juras. I sold a few way back I've often thought that 'all Rega' systems can sometimnes be a bit too .err.. Rega. Too bouncy, too 'prat'. y. I've said before I love rega kit and Rega as a Co, but sometimes...

The Jura might settle things a bit

Mull

I sort of forgot about the Juras, I found them far too bass heavy and un balanced, good fun for a party but out of all the Rega speakers I have heard, they don't really fit in IMO. I found the Alya a much better balanced speaker, even at the expense of deepest bass.

Great ideas, I have some decent speaker stands so something else to look for.

Royd Sorcerers in good condition are quite rare now. If you find a pair in good condition, it would be worth a punt IMHO because even if you didn’t like them you would be able to move them on fairly risk free.

Brilliant speakers with your amps........

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi Kowalski99,

is that the lovely pair on ebay at the moment in stourbridge ?

advertisement

Back