1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Spaghetti

Discussion in 'off topic' started by BJP, Sep 12, 2019.

1. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

How do you or your other half go about measuring the stuff , keep forgetting to find an easy way , I have to empty the tall spaghetti container get the digital scales out , set to pounds and ounces , put container on (4.7 oz ) zero then weigh out 3 ounces per person , PIA .

2. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Lay it across the top of the scales to weigh it, or (very rarely) use one of those plastic plates with holes in - 2oz, 3oz and 4oz holes.

3oz per person is a generous helping to say the least, unless all are hungry blokes.

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

BJP likes this.
  4. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Scales are really small , don't think I've seen those plates , 3oz generous ? we are small eaters doesn't seem a lot although my son son has a bit more .

5. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

6. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

BJP likes this.
  7. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

I make a chicken head with my hand (not the white power symbol) and stick as many noodles as will fit through the hole for each person who is about to stuff him or herself on my delicious vegetarian pah'skeddy.

[​IMG]

It's close enough most of the time.

Joe

8. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

9. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

They sometimes hang them on racks on supermarket shelving - bits and bobs for a quid or so - keep your eyes open next time you are in Tesco's

BJP likes this.
  10. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

If you've got a spaghetti spoon, the hole in the centre is used as a gauge for a 'per person' quantity.

Rockmeister, BJP and Paulicus like this.
  11. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Electronic scales
    Switch on
    Add bowl
    Zero display
    Add 75g per person to bowl.

Rockmeister and cutting42 like this.
  12. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Snap , like I said PIA .

13. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

No I haven't but I'll have a look at the w/end cheers .

14. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Put the bowl on before switch on and skip a step.

Pete

matt j likes this.
  15. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

I do it by a combination of eye and touch. The finger+thumb method depends on hand size and I would imagine could produce anything between 100 g. and 200 g. I've got a steel plate thing with holes for 1, 2, 3, portions, but it is tedious forcing all the spaghetti in. From a sealed 500 g. packet it is easy to divide it in half and use, say 250 for 2 people, or the whole packet for 4 people. This is a robust portion, with scope for second helpings,

BJP likes this.
  16. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

I'd have to hold back on the garlic bread :p

17. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

18. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

19. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

[​IMG]

£0.00 + £0.00 handling fee + £0.00 shipping, but sometimes they're on sale so I'd hold off if you're not in dire need of a chicken-head pah'skeddy noodle measurer.

Joe

20. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

If you don't have a hand like Joe's, eBay UK has plastic ones posted for £1.50, steel ones posted for £3, or a steel one posted from China for £1.

A quid. Posted from China. It costs me 65p or similar to post a letter in England.

But Joe's hand is cheaper still and he always knows where to find it.