advertisement

Spaghetti

BJP

pfm Member
How do you or your other half go about measuring the stuff , keep forgetting to find an easy way , I have to empty the tall spaghetti container get the digital scales out , set to pounds and ounces , put container on (4.7 oz ) zero then weigh out 3 ounces per person , PIA .

Lay it across the top of the scales to weigh it, or (very rarely) use one of those plastic plates with holes in - 2oz, 3oz and 4oz holes.

3oz per person is a generous helping to say the least, unless all are hungry blokes.

Lay it across the top of the scales to weigh it, or (very rarely) use one of those plastic plates with holes in - 2oz, 3oz and 4oz holes.

3oz per person is a generous helping to say the least, unless all are hungry blokes.

Scales are really small , don't think I've seen those plates , 3oz generous ? we are small eaters doesn't seem a lot although my son son has a bit more .

I make a chicken head with my hand (not the white power symbol) and stick as many noodles as will fit through the hole for each person who is about to stuff him or herself on my delicious vegetarian pah'skeddy.

main-qimg-3517a1f84070df04d95eadcf76221eb7

It's close enough most of the time.

Joe

They sometimes hang them on racks on supermarket shelving - bits and bobs for a quid or so - keep your eyes open next time you are in Tesco's

Reactions: BJP
I do it by a combination of eye and touch. The finger+thumb method depends on hand size and I would imagine could produce anything between 100 g. and 200 g. I've got a steel plate thing with holes for 1, 2, 3, portions, but it is tedious forcing all the spaghetti in. From a sealed 500 g. packet it is easy to divide it in half and use, say 250 for 2 people, or the whole packet for 4 people. This is a robust portion, with scope for second helpings,

Reactions: BJP
main-qimg-3517a1f84070df04d95eadcf76221eb7

£0.00 + £0.00 handling fee + £0.00 shipping, but sometimes they're on sale so I'd hold off if you're not in dire need of a chicken-head pah'skeddy noodle measurer.

Joe

If you don't have a hand like Joe's, eBay UK has plastic ones posted for £1.50, steel ones posted for £3, or a steel one posted from China for £1.

A quid. Posted from China. It costs me 65p or similar to post a letter in England.

But Joe's hand is cheaper still and he always knows where to find it.

advertisement

Back