advertisement

Space 1999 is Back!

Coolest toy ever I never got to own.

f74d82684bdbf0f23303dfb89f93c739.jpg

A younger cousin had one though. I think that's when the hate started. ;)

The octopus alien ... wind, noise, light. It’s pretty weird.

But how could he have not noticed that it’s hangry, too?

Joe

Was it just me, or was the bejeezus scared out of everyone who saw that weird octopus alien with the single glowing eye and extremely corrosive GI tract?

space1999-16.jpg

Man, it still weirds me out!

Joe
Is that the one with the long trek through space with the monster just the other side of the door? If so, freaked me out at the time too.

Also, though, a very effective use of the Albinoni Adagio in G minor as incidental music, IIRC.

If this is going to be a Gerry Anderson general pron thread ...

latest

04e80061fcc5475531214d5f7d5249ba.jpg

0YOUB.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And the greatest spaceship of all time .

latest

Stephen

I only remember Fireball XL5 in black & white. And where is Thunderbird 3? My favourite, and the only one that I had in diecast metal. It probably explains why I like the colour orange so much.

Coolest toy ever I never got to own.

f74d82684bdbf0f23303dfb89f93c739.jpg

A younger cousin had one though. I think that's when the hate started. ;)

I still have 2 Dinky ones in the basement in pretty good nick. I loved those as a kid. Many of the older episodes are on YouTube. I also have dinky SPV (like the picture up thread), Lady Penelope's car, and a UFO interceptor. Perhaps I'll dig them out one day and post a photo.

Steve,

Is that the one with the long trek through space with the monster just the other side of the door? If so, freaked me out at the time too.

It was like some sort of Horta, except it had a glowing eye, tentacles and wasn't based on silicon chemistry.

And it made wind, noise, light. It’s pretty weird, but you're safe as long as you lock the door.

Joe

advertisement

Back