advertisement

Space 1999 is Back!

Im sure you realise this is an audio production Joe.

The new cast are great though. Can’t wait to see what happens in the far flung future of 1999.

Stephen

Stephen,

Well, yeah, but I’ve been waiting patiently for years to Space:1999 a thread. Finally, that day has come.

Joe

large.jpg

Stephen

Was it just me, or was the bejeezus scared out of everyone who saw that weird octopus alien with the single glowing eye and extremely corrosive GI tract?

space1999-16.jpg

Man, it still weirds me out!

Joe

Dragons Domain scared the hell out of me as well. It was the way it spat out the dead bodies that gave the 6-year old Seeker the heebie-jeebies (and a few nightmares). Surprisingly, it was a daytime TV show here in the UK.

Dragons Domain scared the hell out of me as well. It was the way it spat out the dead bodies that gave the 6-year old Seeker the heebie-jeebies (and a few nightmares). Surprisingly, it was a daytime TV show here in the UK.
Same!!

Seeker,

I notice that the weird octopus alien with the single glowing eye and extremely corrosive GI tract was dispatched with an ax in the end.

On different show, I would have expected a thoughtful and stoic individual to mind meld with the alien such that it gleaned enough understanding to use its corrosive digestive enzymes to etch a cryptic three-letter message — NO FART I — into the floor of the ship.

Whether the message meant that the weird octopus alien with the single glowing eye and extremely corrosive GI tract would not fart after eating someone or whether it was hoping that Prof. Victor Bergman wouldn't fart in its presence after eating a couple of burritos remains unknown. But that message would have caused the crew to reassess whether the weird octopus alien with the single glowing eye and extremely corrosive GI tract was a vicious killer or just another misunderstood alien trying to protect itself.

Sadly, we'll never know because it's dead, Jim.

Joe

Oh yes that one was really scary. I saw it as a 10 year-old child. Really shocking, nightmare material.

Edit: just watched the extract, still works :confused:

On different show, I would have expected a thoughtful and stoic individual to mind meld with the alien such that it gleaned enough understanding to use its corrosive digestive enzymes to etch a cryptic three-letter message — NO FART I — into the floor of the ship.

Pah! You and your sophisticated sci-fi shows...

Most of the original episodes are on you tube if you want to watch them. I watched the first season again about 6 months ago and also Sapphire and Steel if anyone recalls that.

If you want to talk scary kids shows!

The tomorrow people
Children of the stones
King of the castle
Sky
Into the labyrinth

advertisement

Back