advertisement

Sourcing spare parts for Technics SL-1210 MK7?

InSides

dŵr
Trying to figure out ways to utilize a balanced connection between the Technics (SL-1210 MK7) and the phono preamp (Elac PPA-2).

There are a number of DIN-out, XLR-out modifications for the previous versions (MK2-MK6), but the latest one does not have a bottom cutout rendering all those options moot.

So I thought about drilling holes for XLR sockets on the plastic backplate that currently houses the RCA sockets and the ground post. Seems to have more than enough space both on the backplate and behind it within the turntable.

In order to ensure that I don't mess up the current one, would like to source a replacement (spare). To be as precise as I can be, here is a photo of said backplate:

FXE1-Xm1-1.jpg

Can anyone point me to a source for spares for this model (MK7) and perhaps even the partnumber for the plate on the photo? Everything that turns up via Google searches is either older versions of the tables or other parts (platter, tonearm).

Much appreciated.

As an update on my end, I was able to identify (via the service manual off of Vinyl Engine) that the part I need is:

Name: "Jack Holder"
P/N: TKFE46401

I found an online company caled "Parts Town" that seems to stock it, but I've never heard of them, and they don't seem to ship to Europe, so still looking. :)

Just to update this, even though it feels like I am speaking to myself, :) in case someone else needs spare parts, both Green Vinyl and Albepro returned my queries and are able to supply this (and other) spare parts.

advertisement

Back