Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Source turntable and arm

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Fergus, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

Blue Belle likes this.
  2. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

Wow.. what a shame it's in such a bad state. It looks as though the tonearm has been painted black, why on earth would you do that. As for the turntable itself, from memory, i believe it was considered a better turntable than the LP12, but the LP12 took off and sold loads while the Source dwindled by comparison.

3. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

It was a fine turntable in its day. Lets hope it gets saved and brought back to working condition.

4. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

I don't see the power supply or the leather mat. The arm is fecked, proper fecked.

5. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

Yes, the Odyssey RP1-XG is trashed by the look of what you can see of it, the pivots and bearing assembly look to be broken beyond repair although John Gordon (the Odyssey designer) is a very helpful guy so you never know. If anyone here happens to buy it and wants to part it out for spares, I may be interested in the tonearm counterweights and counterweight rider, also possibly the tonearm baseplate although I am not certain that would fit my one.

6. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

I put in a couple of bids, just for the arm, but outbid. The arm may look bad, but it appears to be complete,and I could fix it.

7. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

I listened to one of these back in the day when I had a Lingo'd fully up to spec LP12/Ekos/Arkiv... it toasted my LP12 frankly but I never got to buy one before they became no more.

8. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

It eventually went for £466 so somebody wanted it. Good luck to them. Bet it surprised the seller!

9. nmtjb

nmtjb pfm Member

Surprising final price, but the arm looked fixable, and despite lack of apparent psu and accessories the tt also looked liked it could be refurbished. The arm is a great performer, I like mine.

10. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Christ, I'd have been all over that if I'd have spotted it. Eminently salvageable as far as I'm concerned.

11. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

And a power supply is not impossible to make. If I had wanted the deck too I would have kept bidding, but I have one of each drive system, belt, direct and idler.

12. Maybe someone was desperate for a Nad CD player and just binned the nackered TT.

13. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

You never know!