advertisement

Source TT and Odyssey arm

The deck was very well liked in its day. I remember Music Room in Manchester were a dealer and I heard it a few times though not against anything or via a familiar system (IIRC Magnum amps and Magnepan speakers). The subchassis had 5 springs as I recall, so a key difference from the usual Ed Villchur approach.

Its a good deck, I refurbished one a while ago, £5k probably a bit rich unless someone knows about some magic in the arm?

5 springs and a sheet of galvanised steel sub-chassis with papstmotor, the money went into the platter. Its amazing 2 piece bronze. I didn't open the ps box, but believe it was large transformer similar to Naim Armageddon.

I use an Odyssey lift on my Oracle with the Decca arm. It came from the Music Room when I used to do work for them. I was given all sorts of things that weren't saleable.
It's not far from me, but my wife says no!

The arm is pretty good IMO. Not sure about the gold effect, and whether the base materials influence performance, but I have the later all silver/chromed version with 2 x 12" arms, (one detacheable HS), and the usual 9". Works well enough on a TD124. Sought after in the FE so perhaps he's hoping for a foreign sale. Its a nice shop, and he's a nice guy, I pop in there now and again as he often has some unusual bits and pieces and a regular supply of Graham speakers.

advertisement

Back