advertisement

Source for US/UK plug adaptors

david12

pfm Member
You'd think it would be easy, but I can not find a specific US to UK mains adaptor. I've tried E-bay, Maplins, bought 2 on Amazon which were not as shown on the photo. I asked Missing link, who were very helpful, but do'nt have any at the moment.
Anyone got any ideas?

Do you mean an adapter just for the plug or a transformer?

If its just an adapter for the plug you can buy them in any airport, better still cut off the plug and put a uk one on the lead.

If its a transformer Maplin do have them online

Alan

No, I just want the plug, not a transformer. I have looked in most places and they only have flimsy universal adaptors and most of those do'nt have a square aperture, which I need, but a round one. It should be easy, but I have been trying for 3 weeks

Why not get Olson to do you a "special" with 4, 6 or 8 sockets of one type and the plug of the other?
I have had one of their power distribution strips for ages - really nicely made.
So nicely made that when I needed some filtered distribution blocks for the computers I did not bother with the French market (ie where I live) but ordered a pair from Olson with French plugs and sockets

http://www.olson.co.uk/products01.htm

You generally have to ring or email for a quote, few if any prices on the site. I was quoted around £61 + VAT +p&p for the rather nice filtered four-way "data" block and about £8 more per extra two sockets.

advertisement

Back