advertisement

"sound terrible...."

Reminds me of a North London Greek bloke I heard who was in a heated argument and got lost in translation. He said, "you think I know **** nothing but I tell you I know **** all."

Unless I am looking at another deck, this is a Transcriptors Saturn, Michell never made any of this model which was a predecessor to the later Hydraulic Reference, the Hyd Reference and SME 3009 was a popular partnering, I have one here. They are not in the Garrard 401/Linn LP12 league but not bad when used with an old Thick record under the one you wish to play for that extra support. The quoted price is well over the top. The overall condition isn't too bad though, I would give him 200 Quid tops.

You are right, the dutch pic is indeed a Saturn. A friend has a rough one that he has been going to restore for 10 years. At £200 I think your money is safe, you are as likely to get it for that as my pal is to restore his one. Equally at 1200Eu he will have it for ever. They are a rare and unusual thing though. My pal keeps talking about selling, PMs to the usual address if anyone wants a project.:)

Unless I am looking at another deck, this is a Transcriptors Saturn, Michell never made any of this model which was a predecessor to the later Hydraulic Reference, the Hyd Reference and SME 3009 was a popular partnering, I have one here. They are not in the Garrard 401/Linn LP12 league but not bad when used with an old Thick record under the one you wish to play for that extra support. The quoted price is well over the top. The overall condition isn't too bad though, I would give him 200 Quid tops.
So calling it a "J A Michell Transcriptor", as in the advert, is simply wrong.

advertisement

Back