advertisement

Sound Fantastic

I have the six way version of the same, I also have one of their six way 'non-audio' with a big red neon switch, both have great build quality, both perform the same and can be had for £15-20 second hand ;)

I was just ruminating on how much gear I had bought that I seriously doubted had made any improvement to sound quality. Did my Wychwood block and leads improve on the Maplin one I had and used with the leads that came with the equipment? I am pretty sure it didn't. I have just started selling interconnects: 'good reason for sale' they sound, to me, just like the ones I already had. Next, my dedicated PSU. I couldn't hear any difference it made when added but was told imorovement would become apparent over time - maybe it has improved, I doubt it. Although I am quite happy to be amused and to believe that the black box actually contaiins a fairy light and a brick, I do believe it contains electronics that someone actually believed in and designed and built. Is it the case that PSU do objectively improve performance in certain circumstances. I had managed fifty years without one.

I don't have the hifi version but I have 3 filtered and one unfiltered unit from Olsen and the build quality is really high. I use the filtered ones for the computers and video projector.

For any non UK fishies - they do practically any type of national socket and plug you want.

And their sales team has always been very friendly and helpful.

I have the six way version of the same, I also have one of their six way 'non-audio' with a big red neon switch, both have great build quality, both perform the same and can be had for £15-20 second hand ;)

Where can I find them secondhand?

Olson blocks are great as long as you avoid the ones with filtering, eg the Sounds Fantastic range which sound anything but fantastic, IME. eBay is a good place to look for plain Olson blocks that might have been culled from idustrial applications

advertisement

Back