advertisement

[FS] Sony XQD card 64GB

Gromit

Plasticine Dog
I no longer have any need for this, so knowing how expensive these are new (ie north of £100) thought I'd put this up for sale to save someone a few bob.

Just a few months old, and freshly formatted in my Z7. I should have the small plastic case it came in, but as I can't find it the card's sold as seen.

£50 including postage.

XQD by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

That was bargain!

@Gromit - Does this mean you have sold the Z7?

Lefty

Re the Z7 - it does. It is of course a stunning camera. Your work, along with that of Nigel Danson for example, is more than proof of that. Unlike the Sonys I owned, it's a lovely thing to use too but as a long-time Nikon shooter, I still gravitate back to my old D700.

A completely different beast from another era, but to use a car analogy, it's akin to driving a 427 Shelby Cobra whilst the Z7 is an Aventador SV. The D700 won't be anywhere near the landscape tool the Z7 is, but for almost everything else I love its output - it's a more forgiving camera too. It wouldn't be my carry-around though, being far too big and massively heavy, plus the shutter is so damn loud.

A friend of ours is moving over to GFX, slimming down his X collection, so let go of his old X-Pro1 and XF35-1.4 for a good price so I could dip my toe back into the Fuji system. I could either re-build (along with something like an X-T2) a small Fuji rig - with our eldest getting more and more involved with rowing, I'm after some long glass so that would have to be considered. 100-400 is a possibility. A 16 f2.8 and 50-f2 would finish that off.

Or...

Get the Nikon 200-500 for the D700 purely for days out on/near the river and have a couple of small primes in my pocket for the X-Pro1.

<basically, I haven't got a bloody clue> :D

Re the Z7 - it does. It is of course a stunning camera. Your work, along with that of Nigel Danson for example, is more than proof of that. Unlike the Sonys I owned, it's a lovely thing to use too but as a long-time Nikon shooter, I still gravitate back to my old D700.

A completely different beast from another era, but to use a car analogy, it's akin to driving a 427 Shelby Cobra whilst the Z7 is an Aventador SV. The D700 won't be anywhere near the landscape tool the Z7 is, but for almost everything else I love its output - it's a more forgiving camera too. It wouldn't be my carry-around though, being far too big and massively heavy, plus the shutter is so damn loud.

A friend of ours is moving over to GFX, slimming down his X collection, so let go of his old X-Pro1 and XF35-1.4 for a good price so I could dip my toe back into the Fuji system. I could either re-build (along with something like an X-T2) a small Fuji rig - with our eldest getting more and more involved with rowing, I'm after some long glass so that would have to be considered. 100-400 is a possibility. A 16 f2.8 and 50-f2 would finish that off.

Or...

Get the Nikon 200-500 for the D700 purely for days out on/near the river and have a couple of small primes in my pocket for the X-Pro1.

<basically, I haven't got a bloody clue> :D

Totally understandable and thank you for the kind words. Flattered to be put into the same category as the likes of Nigel Danson! :)

100% get where you are coming from. There are some cameras which have a charm beyond words. It's hard to make a rational case for them, but then that can be missing the point.

I wouldn't say I 'enjoy' using the Z7 and for me, it's definitely more of a tool. A means to an end if you will. Something which gets out of the way as much as possible and allows me to realise the image I have in my head with 100% reliability.

I certainly enjoy the experience of shooting the X-E3 more. It somehow encourages me to be more experimental and creative. Whilst it falls well short of the technical benchmark set by the Z7, I still love it and wouldn't be without it. I can well see the appeal of constructing another Fuji system. Have you still got an Olympus camera? Just that the m43 long lens options could be a good shout for your daughter's rowing?

In terms of the 200-500, your experience might vary, but it was the first lens where I thought, 'that's just too heavy'. It's weird as I was fine with the Tamron 150-600 G2 which, on paper, isn't that much lighter. It's a wonderfully capable lens though. I'm holding out for the Nikon Z 100-400 and 200-600, although I suspect they won't be cheap!

Lefty

Totally understandable and thank you for the kind words. Flattered to be put into the same category as the likes of Nigel Danson! :)

100% get where you are coming from. There are some cameras which have a charm beyond words. It's hard to make a rational case for them, but then that can be missing the point.

I wouldn't say I 'enjoy' using the Z7 and for me, it's definitely more of a tool. A means to an end if you will. Something which gets out of the way as much as possible and allows me to realise the image I have in my head with 100% reliability.

I certainly enjoy the experience of shooting the X-E3 more. It somehow encourages me to be more experimental and creative. Whilst it falls well short of the technical benchmark set by the Z7, I still love it and wouldn't be without it. I can well see the appeal of constructing another Fuji system. Have you still got an Olympus camera? Just that the m43 long lens options could be a good shout for your daughter's rowing?

In terms of the 200-500, your experience might vary, but it was the first lens where I thought, 'that's just too heavy'. It's weird as I was fine with the Tamron 150-600 G2 which, on paper, isn't that much lighter. It's a wonderfully capable lens though. I'm holding out for the Nikon Z 100-400 and 200-600, although I suspect they won't be cheap!

Lefty

Thanks Amar. :)

A slightly odd thought perhaps, but I did feel a bout of guilt (and a little sadness, as though I'd failed) for selling the Z7 on yet with the A7RIII there was not one moment of the same. I wish I could be more passive where lumps of electronics and optics are concerned, but I seem to fail every time! :D

As to owning Olympus, I still have my Pen F (I'm watching it go up in value ;) ) but don't use it that much as the GRIII does the pocket camera job very nicely. MFT would be an ideal choice for a 'big lens' set up though, and in my experience it really does give so little away to APS-C that it's hardly worth worrying about. The 40-150 2.8 Pro is a stunning lens, and truly viable with the 1.4x converter, giving a 420mm equivalent FoV. The 300 f4 Pro is also an optical masterpiece but maybe a tad too niche for it to be much use to me. I should say though, the 300 f4 image portfolio on M43 Forum should be steered clear of if major damage to bank balance is to be avoided. :D

Thanks Amar. :)

A slightly odd thought perhaps, but I did feel a bout of guilt (and a little sadness, as though I'd failed) for selling the Z7 on yet with the A7RIII there was not one moment of the same. I wish I could be more passive where lumps of electronics and optics are concerned, but I seem to fail every time! :D

As to owning Olympus, I still have my Pen F (I'm watching it go up in value ;) ) but don't use it that much as the GRIII does the pocket camera job very nicely. MFT would be an ideal choice for a 'big lens' set up though, and in my experience it really does give so little away to APS-C that it's hardly worth worrying about. The 40-150 2.8 Pro is a stunning lens, and truly viable with the 1.4x converter, giving a 420mm equivalent FoV. The 300 f4 Pro is also an optical masterpiece but maybe a tad too niche for it to be much use to me. I should say though, the 300 f4 image portfolio on M43 Forum should be steered clear of if major damage to bank balance is to be avoided. :D

Haha - I feel your pain, although for me the emotional attachment is currently with guitars and amps, rather than cameras and kenses!

As to the Pen F, you and me both are watching it go up in value! (I was hoping that now it's out of production, its value would plummet so I could grab one at a reasonable price!). I will try an Olympus camera one day....

Lefty

Haha - I feel your pain, although for me the emotional attachment is currently with guitars and amps, rather than cameras and kenses!

As to the Pen F, you and me both are watching it go up in value! (I was hoping that now it's out of production, its value would plummet so I could grab one at a reasonable price!). I will try an Olympus camera one day....

Lefty

Now you've thrown musical instruments into the mix, it makes for an interesting slant on the 'tool' aspect of buying stuff (and our satisfaction with it). I've had the same Clarinets now for over 30 years, no desire to change, and for many years they (effectively) put food on the table. I don't have an emotional attachment to them per se, but during that time had no interest nor desire to change. They did (do) the job. OTOH, I know musicians who spend a fortune in both money and time (and stress!) trying out different instruments, mouthpieces etc etc and never really settling.

Back to cameras, I've borrowed (from my good friend who sold me the X-Pro1/35) an X-T2/23-1.4 & 56-1.2 for a while to see how that fits in with things. Will give it all a week or two, then buy it or give it back to be sold on. I'll either get some nice Fuji gear for a very reasonable price, or it'll cost me a bottle of posh gin to pay back the favour. :D

Now you've thrown musical instruments into the mix, it makes for an interesting slant on the 'tool' aspect of buying stuff (and our satisfaction with it). I've had the same Clarinets now for over 30 years, no desire to change, and for many years they (effectively) put food on the table. I don't have an emotional attachment to them per se, but during that time had no interest nor desire to change. They did (do) the job. OTOH, I know musicians who spend a fortune in both money and time (and stress!) trying out different instruments, mouthpieces etc etc and never really settling.

Back to cameras, I've borrowed (from my good friend who sold me the X-Pro1/35) an X-T2/23-1.4 & 56-1.2 for a while to see how that fits in with things. Will give it all a week or two, then buy it or give it back to be sold on. I'll either get some nice Fuji gear for a very reasonable price, or it'll cost me a bottle of posh gin to pay back the favour. :D

Now that is interesting! As I wrote the above about guitars, I did wonder whether you viewed clarinets in the same way. (I wagered that you didn't).

re: the X-T2 I look forward to seeing and hearing how you get on with it. I still have a soft spot for the X-T2, as I happily shot one as my main camera for over a year. It's a wonderful bit of kit, especially for the money they are going for these days.

Lefty

Now that is interesting! As I wrote the above about guitars, I did wonder whether you viewed clarinets in the same way. (I wagered that you didn't).

re: the X-T2 I look forward to seeing and hearing how you get on with it. I still have a soft spot for the X-T2, as I happily shot one as my main camera for over a year. It's a wonderful bit of kit, especially for the money they are going for these days.

Lefty

Thanks Amar.

I had an X-T2 a couple of years ago, took it to HK (along with an X100F) on a family holiday back during Easter 2019. Super little camera; quiet, nice ergos (I used the booster grip which I don't have this time, sadly) and its output was superb. Had a few A3 prints done which hang on the walls at home.

advertisement

Back