advertisement

SONY ES

Just be aware that most out there for sale are 220v and from what I've seen Sony ES amps don't usually have multiple taps on the transformer for different mains voltages.

I'd love that set even with a step-down transformer but the X7 and your 770ES have depleted the finances a bit...........maybe next year;)

Little ?:)

Does she have the wooden side cheeks Mike?

Yes, more 'monster' than 'little' and seriously heavy too!

The 555ESD doesn't have wooden side cheeks, you're thinking of a different model.

I'm going to have to thin out my collection soon, I'm up to nine and counting.

TDA1541 Non A in these Richard. They cover it in a ceramic slab (for vibration reduction?).

I might put my S1 single crown in there.

TDA1541 Non A in these Richard. They cover it in a ceramic slab (for vibration reduction?).

I might put my S1 single crown in there.

Nice idea :) Let us know what you think if you do.

I just opened up an old Philips CD160 to realise it has socketed TDA1541 and SAA7220P/A - I also wondered about using it to test my collection of 1541 chips.

I just opened up an old Philips CD160 to realise it has socketed TDA1541 and SAA7220P/A - I also wondered about using it to test my collection of 1541 chips.

Good idea. Maybe tweak the player up a bit first to make sure you can actually hear the differences between the various chips.

theres always room for a SONY TA-N77ES :)

Funny - a few months ago I would have agreed with you, having lusted after one for a while.

Then a friend had one in for repair, which he duly fixed up and we sat down for a good listen before it went back to its owner. It was very clean and powerful but was sonically flat, lifeless and decidedly underwhelming, which disappointed us both (especially said friend, as he's a real Sony fan).

Still, I suppose its removal from the 'purchase order' saves me some money!

advertisement

Back