advertisement

Sons Of Kemet - 'Your Queen Is A Reptile' 2LP

mikechadwick

pfm Member

Just heard this at the local store - stunning. UK Jazz is getting really exciting. Out next week (30th March) (pre-order link).

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've got high hopes for this. They're an AMAZING band to see live but the first two records (on Naim!) didn't really capture the excitement and sound a bit tame to me.

I think I read somewhere that The Comet Is Coming and Shabaka And The Ancestors will also be putting out their next records out on Impulse.

Looking forward to their gig at Total Refreshment Centre on the 19t...for any Londoners who haven’t seen them live yet it’s well worth the effort one of the most imaginative Jazz bands out there.

I think an Ancestors LP would be really interesting especially if has lots of the chain percussion rattling like at that last live gig they did earlier in the year.

Just added a preorder link to the opening post and bagged a vinyl copy for myself. Sounds great!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Had 3 of these and they all went back due to warping , had to settle for the cd.Great stuff and a good time for UK jazz as mentioned above.

Blimey - the comments on the Youtube video! Someone calling themselves "Pepe The Frog', someone defending the royals, a white-supremacist, someone complaining about SJWisms and someone arguing that Shabaka is an example of privilege because he got into a grammar school. The interweb is a scary place :-(

Goodness me, this is excellent, can't stop playing it. Thanks for the recommendation.

The basslines on the tuba are preposterously good but, I now need to buy and learn bass trombone, as my tenor doesn't go low enough to play them.

They're an amazing band to see live and this album is the first that goes anywhere near to capturing that energy imo - the first two LPs (on Naim!) just sound a bit polite to me. i have a few radio broadcasts of concerts but a proper well recorded live LP would be ace.

advertisement

Back