advertisement

Sonos Amp with Shahinian Larcs

Spike

pfm Member
Just hooked this combination up in my Dining Room and amazed at the sound. Just playing via Spotify Connect and it’s a bit of a revelation. Not the ultimate sound by a long way but much better than I expected. Top end is excellent. Little lacking lower done, no surprise the size of the Larcs! It’s a very neat and unobtrusive system which I’m delighted with.

It's heartening that a company like Sonos is still invested in traditional hi-fi -- i.e. amp and passive speakers -- especially an amp that delivers 150wpc and can drive speakers like Shahinians to good effect.

The Larcs are easy to drive, probably more a lot more so than their big brothers and sisters. Very good speakers within their obvious limitations.

I’m very impressed with it. I am using the input but with an Alexa Dot so I have voice activation. Will try it with a turntable.

I've just (a couple of hours ago) picked up one of the amps and while it's been a long time since I listened to anything other than my sonos into my Avi adm9.1's I'm now playing the amp onto my old kef 104.2's which despite needing new donuts sound very much nicer than the Avi's..

I got mine new from eBay with £50 using the PAYDAYMAR code. It really is a great piece of kit.

Really is a great combination. Fast, articulate and punching way above its weight. Great a low volume. Listing to Gracelands and amazed at how good it sounds.

I never used Spotify that much but since I’ve had the Sonos Amp I’m listening a lot more. Everything just sounds better and the setup is sooo much easier and convenient to use for everybody.

Yes this is the new Sonos Amp and not the older Connect Amp. I have not compared the two. And have little interest in comparing them.

advertisement

Back