1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Song ID required please

Discussion in 'music' started by Tarzan, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

This morning on BBC Radio 3 at around 05:30 hrs they played a piece of classical music by Phillip Glass from 1975, 'songs for...……..' was all l heard about the title other than the artist and year, what struck was how unusual this piece of classical music was, like the same note payed over and over again - like a constant violin which did not change in speed, or tempo etc- can any ID this song going on the information provided?

Thanks.:)

2. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Bingo!

'Music in 12 parts got it.:D

Quality bit of music.

3. billo

billo pfm Member

This was the first piece of music from Phillip Glass that I bought, vinyl from the 'oddments' bin at Probe Records (Button Street not long after they moved there)

4. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

If that happens again I think you can go on the R3 website and see what they played earlier. You can go back in time and order it by date

5. billo

billo pfm Member

Also ,Last Sunday morning Radio 3 played a harp transcription of some Glass music. It worked quite well I thought