advertisement

Some More Arab music

joel

Painter of Dragons, Maker of Mirrors
The fifth Festival of Arab Music is now underway at the Institute du Monde Arabe in Paris. This really is worth the effort of going to see. The IMA is a wonderful place, too.
Fifth Festival of Arab Music
THe concerts next Friday and Saturday are really exceptional: on friday the Compagnies Musicales du Taflilet and on Friday an evening of Yemeni musicwith Mohamed Murshid Naji and his group (who feature prominently on the Music of Islam Yemen CD)! Awesome stuff. I hope someone can make it. But wait, there's more. Also on Friday evening there is a concert of Arabo-Andalousian dance and music fusion featuring the brilliant percussionist Adel Shams Eddin.

Radio Monte Carlo also has an extensive online presence ifor its Middle Eastern broadcasting, with plenty devoted to audio clips and interesting programmes (mostly in Arab and French, though):

Page of famous Arab musicians with clips

Originally posted by sideshowbob
Damn, I'd jump on the Eurostar and go to this, except I'm in Switzerland next weekend :mad:

Switzerland is pretty close. Get yourself to Lyon and take a TGV. No one will miss you if you're only gone for a few hours...

advertisement

Back