advertisement

Some help finding cable...

I am not sure, and I am struggling with finding out. I don't know what I am doing, I am hoping someone can help.

I am trying to make the cables for a missing MF power amp, so I can try it.

This hirose looks very similar to what was used by Onix for their connections/cables between amps and power supplies; particularly the silver plug ones.

Do you know the wiring configuration?
I think they are 6 pins inside the connectors. A wild guess here but you probably need only 4 to be active. So either a cable with 4 cores or 4 separate cables and then put a long heatshrink sleeve over it.

Looking at the back end of Nuvista 300, it does appear that they have a 3-pin socket fitted for the 'control psu input'. Looks like the RPC2 type so your link is correct. The photo is a bit none specific, you'll want the blue plastic plug. These are just the plugs, no cables included.

pic_1511201808274.jpg

P.S. The left and right psu input sockets appear to be Neutrik powerCON 20 A series. Matching plugs would be NAC3FCB for the grey connectors. Neutrik powerCON 'grey' are intended for power-out applications, with 'blue' for power-in. MF have used 'grey' at both power supply and amplifier ends; not a problem should the connections be the same either end (i.e. making these cables reversible).

Last edited:
thanks for the responses.

i have the plugs, I am just trying to sort a piece of cable. if i understand it right, it is 3x 20awg, with an od of 4mm

the powercon ones seem easy to sort.

Even 3A T&E mains flex, which is the smallest, is around 6mm OD (based on educated guess rather than anything else).

Have you tried anything bigger - like 6mm?

advertisement

Back