advertisement

solder

karma67

pfm Member
would a kind soul please give me a link for some decent solder for interconnect making please.
thanks in advance.:)

Yes, any 60/40 Tin / Lead cored solder should be fine - sometimes a little extra flux can help with difficult connectors.

NOT BAKERS FLUID

I have heard but not confirmed that RS / Farnell will no longer supply leaded solder to non trade customers but you should still be able to source it from other suppliers.

I had to resort to eBay and banggood.com for some recently. I'd have to recommend eBay over banggood.com -- I paid extra for some that was supposedly in stock in Europe and it took over 3 weeks to get it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I am not in any immediate need, but out of curiosity has anyone found any decent lead free solder?

I am not in any immediate need, but out of curiosity has anyone found any decent lead free solder?

For electronic work? Presumably manufacturers have been lead-free for 10 or so years, from when the lead-free reg's came in?

The usual formula that manufacturers went with was a tin-copper eutectic - 97/3? or 96/4????? - something around that if my memory is any use at all. I know that it has produced major problems in car electronics, usually attributed to it being more brittle and less/un-able to cope with normal car vibration over something like 80K miles.

Repairs are still done using 60/40 in KL.
Lead free melting point is much higher and causes too much PCB damage

advertisement

Back