advertisement

So, what will you be playing on Christmas Day?

MichaelC

pfm Member
I have a, perhaps peculiar ritual, which is during the morning whilst I am preparing the nosh, there will be amongst other albums, some Dream Theater, Awake. I haven’t yet decided the full playlist, but I imagine there will be some Hawkwind and Porcupine Tree thrown in for good measure.

Having said that, I will start off and move off on a tangent.

Today I started with Hipgnosis, and ended up giving Steve Hillage a spin followed by some Judas Priest before revisiting Choose Your Masques and then some This Mortal Coil...

So, who knows where Christmas Day will take me!

Christmas Songs by Diana Krall

91jVJE-jqIL._AC_UY218_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A ritual in our house is a ton of Bucks Fizz then..... ' The best Christmas album ever' - then The Kings Singers from Cambridge Cathedral- then some Shampoo and Beer.:)

I'll be playing Paul Young - come back and stay

That's the track I used to play at every demo my Grandad and me went to, he loved choosing Hi-Fi with me and was totally into the whole Christmas thing - when he came to live with us we used to catch him every year checking out the presents under the tree, wife would make sure one rattled for when he gave them a shake :) , gone 20 years now and I still miss him

Wall to wall Christmas songs at our place, with Mrs BB and I plus 4 young adults it's pointless trying to listen to any proper music.

Cheers BB

Carols from Kings. Despite being an agnostic fundamentalist I really like a lot of sacred music. Also, having attended a very traditional and religious boarding school during my early teens the music brings back memories of the excitement of the Christmas chapel service - which heralded a chance to get away from the bullying w*nk*rs who were my fellow pupils (and some teachers). Ah, good times.
After that maybe some Nutcracker, Tchaikovsky being my favourite composer.
The AC/DC (Powerage) and Iron Maiden (first album of course) come much later, after a couple of beers.

Here's a couple of (very) old Christmas tunes. The second one, in particular makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

I'll be playing Paul Young - come back and stay

That's the track I used to play at every demo my Grandad and me went to, he loved choosing Hi-Fi with me and was totally into the whole Christmas thing - when he came to live with us we used to catch him every year checking out the presents under the tree, wife would make sure one rattled for when he gave them a shake :) , gone 20 years now and I still miss him

great memories mate, I think all grandads did the "shake" thing :D

We have a collection of favourite Christmas albums. There are others in the box, but here are the regular plays, every year.

Played all of these this week, Tijuana Christmas is our #1 - Elvis a close second.

R-2255195-1344604588-4881.jpeg.jpg

More Images

The Torero Band ‎– Tijuana Christmas
Label:
Music For Pleasure ‎– MFP 1266
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album
UK
Released:

R-16222905-1605539584-4439.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Elvis Presley ‎– Elvis' Christmas Album
Label:
RCA Camden ‎– CDS 1155, RCA Camden ‎– CAL 2428
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
UK
Released:

R-9499821-1481648963-6500.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Various ‎– It's Christmas In Motown
Label:
Music For Pleasure ‎– SPR 90010, Sounds Superb ‎– SPR 90010, Tamla Motown ‎– SPR 90010
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation
UK
Released:
Sep 1973

R-5354315-1442450061-6656.jpeg.jpg

Frank Sinatra And Various ‎– Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Label:
Reprise Records ‎– R-50,001
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Mono
UK
Released:

R-1701037-1478993672-9483.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Bing Crosby ‎– White Christmas
Label:
MCA Records ‎– MCF 2568, MCA Records ‎– 0C 062 ○ 95780, MCA Records ‎– MAPS 1011
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album
UK
Released:
Oct 1974

This has Jona Lewie, Slade, Greg Lake, Brenda Lee etc.. :)

R-3513068-1517425270-9169.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Various ‎– It's Christmas
Label:
EMI ‎– EMTV 49
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation
UK
Released:
Nov 1989

Ella is my favourirte... Of the Modern stuff that my girls like, Sia Candy Cane Lane is the best...

R-2335880-1579147373-2696.jpeg.jpg

Happy Christmas everyone...

advertisement

Back