advertisement

SNP - what are Scots thoughts?

gassor, you’re spoiling it!

I’m glad all this is coming up because I think a lot of the people e.g. writing fan fiction about Ruth Davidson and talking about moving to Scotland to get away from all the little Englanders have never encountered a Rangers fan and genuinely think Scotland is basically just a more ginger Sweden.

Good luck everyone explaining to the Billy Boys why your flag is a symbol of positivity and openness, while his stands for backwards-looking xenophobia.

I know lots of Rangers fans Sean and they're genuinely lovely people, but still, a lot of others don't appear to be living in the present century with regard to a number of issues. This is true of most clubs, but are there any others where 60,000 will blast out sectarian songs "loud and proud"? You only need to view Celtic and Rangers forums to see a big difference in attitudes. Celtic fans do engage in nonsense as well but not on the same scale at all. Having said all that there are great places all over Scotland to live where you will never encounter marching men banging big drums wearing bowler hats, umbrellas and orange sashes over their shoulders.

PS if there were more Tories like Ruth Davidson a no-deal Brexit would be a work of fiction.

We used to live opposite the Wee Frees.
No one would do anything in the village on Sunday, not even hang out the washing, such was the thrall they commanded.
I was carrying my canoe from the house over the road to the loch on sunday and got a bollocking for not respecting the lords day.
That was in the 70s. Was back there in the summer, and times have changed and their church is now air b and b.

I visited Stornoway a few years ago and witnessed 4 guys who stayed in the actual hotel being refused breakfast in the morning 'because it's Sunday and breakfast stops at 10 o'clock'. Having said that I have never seen so many desperately drunk people on the previous afternoon.

Having said all that there are great places all over Scotland to live where you will never encounter marching men banging big drums wearing bowler hats, umbrellas and orange sashes over their shoulders.

That'll be Croy then! :D

Down the Ayrshire coast is far worse, I mean Saltcoats and the like. Somehow these guys don't look like Christian values mean much to them. Coorse langwage used in video by the way.

If it wasn't for the Queen we'd be on £10 giros :D

Down the Ayrshire coast is far worse, I mean Saltcoats and the like. Somehow these guys don't look like Christian values mean much to them. Coorse langwage used in video by the way.

gass that's toxic and highly, highly unrepresentative. almost as if you are seeking to promote it. i find your attitude objectionable. i am from "down the ayrshire coast", near ballantrae, and in several decades, i have never once come across the sectarianism that seems to dominate your waking thoughts and which you seem to seek out. if bigotry and bias is your bag, you'll find it anywhere, if you look hard enough. such a negative lens you appear to employ.

gass that's toxic and highly, highly unrepresentative. almost as if you are seeking to promote it. i find your attitude objectionable. i am from "down the ayrshire coast", near ballantrae, and in several decades, i have never once come across the sectarianism that seems to dominate your waking thoughts and which you seem to seek out. if bigotry and bias is your bag, you'll find it anywhere, if you look hard enough. such a negative lens you appear to employ.
No smoke without fire, Hairy!

The economic realities of the Scottish economy. Give Mr white football top some education and make him a representative. Sadly if this were to happen his passion and vision of reality would be lost.

If you don't like what you see through 'the lens' that's your problem. My waking hours are certainly not dominated by sectarianism, but it's an issue that has become more prominent in Scotland recently. And if you look on Youtube you will find a number of sectarian videos coming from Saltcoats. I would have answered sooner but I was in the pub last night with an old dear friend. He is a dyed in the wool Rangers man.

if you look on Youtube you will find a number of sectarian videos coming from Saltcoats

ah well, there you are gass. i don't know what you're looking for, but if you search for fire, for sure you'll find smoke

lolz

Sectarian hatred should be delt with it needs the Scottish parliament police , preachers to come together and make new laws to move Scotland into the modern era. UEFA did what the SFA should be doing but dont. Criminal.

ah well, there you are gass. i don't know what you're looking for, but if you search for fire, for sure you'll find smoke

lolz

The only thing I'm looking for is "love in a peaceful world" as Paul Rodgers sang.

Last edited:
Five years today since the Independence referendum.

Thankfully, things have gone swimmingly for Scotland since voting No, and remaining a member of the UK... :(

still-yes-badge.png

advertisement

Back