advertisement

SME problem

Brian Clark

SME do not have the Allen key for adjusting the counterweight and arm height. They tell me it is non-standard and they don't know what it was :(

Can anybody help?

Frustrated Brian (who has tried everything)

Hi,

I had the same problem with my arm I got a alen key that was slightly larger and ground it down on an oil stone untill it fitted, it takes a while doing all six sides!!!.

pete MB&D

Hi,

I used to use a 3009 SII improved and I had to buy a special allen key to do the same.

I no longer use the arm (Soon to be Incognito'd RB300 instead) and so I'll try and dig it out tonight - if I can match the right allen key to it you can have the allen key with pleasure - I'll drop it in the post to you.

I'll let you know!!

Rich

Originally posted by Brian Clark
SME do not have the Allen key for adjusting the counterweight and arm height. They tell me it is non-standard and they don't know what it was :(

Can anybody help?

Frustrated Brian (who has tried everything)

it is 1/16 inch for SME3012/2

regards,
Hartmut

Brian,

I've dug out the allen key - applogies for the wait! I tried it in the base and weight of my 3009 and it fits great so I guess the same should apply for your 3012.

I just need to know your address and I'll drop it in the post. You could reply here or PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,

Rich

Thank you very much Rich. I've sent you a Private Message with my address.

The strange thing re SME is that they do have 1/16" Allens in stock for later arms but he was quite insistant that was not the appropriate type for 40 year old Series IIs.

Another strange thing is that I have a key that perfectly fits the grub screw in the larger counterweight but not the one in the the smaller weight:confused:

OK Mick - "You're a cynical old bugger". There ;)
:D

Brian.

advertisement

Back