advertisement

SME plate dimensions

graham-r

pfm Member
Hello SME experts...

Can someone supply me with some accurate dimensions of the mounting plate used for SME 3009 arms, they are probably the same for all models of this arm - I think....

What I want is the max length and width dimensions of the plate (if you can measure the radius of the ends that would be brill), and the mounting hole dimensions.

The rest is not important at the moment as I am going to mount an R200 arm on a plate so I may as well make it match that of the SME for possible later amusement.

Please don't direct me to VE as I haven't found anything that has proper dims on it.

Muchas gracias

GR

sq...

Unfortunately I can't use a std SME plate for the R200 due to the way that arm mounts (big ugly gas pipe nut). I am also limited to 1/16" thickness to get the right VTA (on a GL75), but only after removing the Rega mounting spacer and arm lift.

Can you measure your plate please :):):):):) ????

Which dimensions would you like?

Fixing hole spacing 41.5mm x 70.5mm
Centre slot 28mm diameter round slot 70mm in length
Outside dims 50mm x 81mm (through centre line)
Long straight outside edge is 63mm

Which dimensions would you like?

Fixing hole spacing 41.5mm x 70.5mm
Centre slot 28mm diameter round slot 70mm in length
Outside dims 50mm x 81mm (through centre line)
Long straight outside edge is 63mm

Exactly those - bang on. Many thanks.

Sorry to disagree. My measurements are the same as given above, EXCEPT for the fixing hole spacing, which seems to be a simple but important error.

My measurements show the fixing hole spacing to be 41.5mm x 60.5mm

Sorry to disagree. My measurements are the same as given above, EXCEPT for the fixing hole spacing, which seems to be a simple but important error.

My measurements show the fixing hole spacing to be 41.5mm x 60.5mm

You are quite right - not sure what went wrong there ! Perhaps it was a 'start at 10mm line and measure' - but forgot to subtract 10mm.

Either way the plate I made, and just measured, was 41.5 x 60.5mm.

Thanks for the info

advertisement

Back