Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] SME 20/2 turntable

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Mike S, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

The cull continues. I am moving to much smaller accommodation and having to do a bit of rationalisation on the kit front. This isn't getting as much use as it ought to and I stream and have a large collection of CDs so perhaps it is time to move on. I have owned this for about 10 years I think having bought it second hand from Central Audio. Set up and forget nearly. It has never skipped a beat or needed any adjustment. So I am thinking £2950 for the turntable and if anyone wants the V arm as well an additional £1800. The cartridge is not included. I have all the packaging it came with but I would feel much happier with collection or meet up. I'm in Stafford currently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

a beautiful deck and a bargain!

Mike S likes this.
  3. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

A bargain, GLWS

Mike S likes this.
  4. Spider

Spider pfm Member

Just met up with Mike to buy a couple of HiFi racks, an absolute gentleman. Buy with confidence.

Mike S likes this.
  5. tobermory

tobermory pfm Member

That looks quality! The sweet spot where you had the mustard yellow platter with the newer push button power supply. Can't quite see but is the S/N 1003? I had the older 20/2 with mustard platter but knob style power supply and a 20/3 which is newer push-button power but the black/grey platter. Yours is by far the best combo IMHO. If I wasn't so far away (Seattle) I'd be dead keen on this. This is a great deck, I miss my SME (lost out to nostalgia and a 1985 from-new LP12).

Wot, no finger lift? How the hell do you cue up say track 4 of an LP with no finger lift? ;)

Mike S likes this.
  6. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

Thanks for the lovely comments guys.
    The fingerlift! I forgot to fit it and quickly managed without and quite liked the look.

7. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

You’re correct serial no: 1003.

8. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

A lovely deck!
    Mine has a 5XX S/N and apart from a drop of oil to the motor has needed absolutely no maintenance since it was set up two cartridges ago.
    I also use mine with the more recent power controller and an SME V.

Mike S likes this.
  9. happy_chappie

happy_chappie pfm Member

I can echo Spider’s comments as I bought stuff off Mike last year. Top bloke!

10. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

Gentle bounce

11. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

Well I didn’t push to sell this! I’m now living in Leeds. Revised price is £4800 for deck and arm.

12. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

It’s looking like the arm may be sold. So deck on own with power supply and SME mount for arm £2500 collected.

13. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

Arm back up for sale (white lettering).

14. Mike S

Mike S pfm Member

Deck provisionally sold. Arm still available.