advertisement

Small cheapish bookshelf speakers

Tigerjones

Bagpuss
Any recommendations for small speakers that will work on a chest of draws, stands are not an option?

Also reasonably easy to drive on 12 watts of Sugden but they won’t be played loud.

Would help if they looked fairly nice as well.

Thanks
PJ

With anything on a CoD you need to isolate it from the chest. If you don't it will boom, it's a wooden box after all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003JRVR08/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21 received some good reviews so I tried them under my Epos ES11s instead of the Blu-tac I'd been using for many years and am very pleased with the result.

This is using the Epos stands but I assume isolation is isolation so they should have a similar effect on a chest of drawers.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
In such a compromised position and for low-level listening only I wouldn't go daft. Just about any decent little speaker will do and there are loads of them.

Bit off tangent but I took the spikes off my tannoy DC6T and replaced with atacama isolating pads and made a difference less bloated and boom on a laminate flooring

Other products that works in this context are Auralex, the MoPADs for instance. They're designed for studios, where monitors often sit on top of desks, and they do work. We have a set under the speakers in my daughter's studio.

Would that rather couple than isolate. My Saras are on blutac blobs. I can lift the speakers and the stands come with them.
I don’t think so as the bluetac is quite inert, it at least lifts the speakers of the unit a little. Failing that you could use the old ball & nut method.

PJ, I really rate the little Dali Pico if you can find a pair, I only paid about 65 for mine I think, not sure how they'll work on the drawers but they're tiny. If we weren't in this current mess you'd have been welcome to try mine as they're only spares.

PJ, I really rate the little Dali Pico if you can find a pair, I only paid about 65 for mine I think, not sure how they'll work on the drawers but they're tiny. If we weren't in this current mess you'd have been welcome to try mine as they're only spares.
Thanks, Matt. Very kind. I’ll take a look.
PJ

advertisement

Back