1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Small amount of EP90 GL4 Oil needed for turntable bearing

Discussion in 'd.i.y. classifieds' started by Chaggy78, May 20, 2019.

1. Chaggy78

Chaggy78 pfm Member

Hi
    Does anyone have a small amount of EP90 GL4 (gearbox oil) oil that I could have for my Systemdek iii turntable bearing?
    This is the oil it says to use in the manual and I only need 0.8ml but could do with a little bit extra.
    Thanks kindly!

2. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

So lots of oils will do the job fine, the GL4 is for yellow metals but Audio Origami have a small bottle of Linn oil for about £6. Way more expensive that a litre of EP90 but if you only need a tiny little bit.....

3. Chaggy78

Chaggy78 pfm Member

Thanks for your reply much appreciated. The manual suggests that it has to be a high pressure oil, if the Linn oil is that I may buy a bottle.

4. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

I’ve got a gallon of it. I’ll need to check that it is gp-4 when I am home.

Where are you?

5. Chaggy78

Chaggy78 pfm Member

Hi Martian thanks for your reply I am in Penzance in Cornwall. Thanks!

6. Martian Sunrise

Oh mate! I am in Cornwall on holiday. I’ll be in Penzance tomorrow!

The oil is in London.

7. Chaggy78

Chaggy78 pfm Member

Hi mate ahh no way!! not to worry I think I'll just end up buying a litre of it from ebay it's not too expensive but thanks anyway.

8. Martian Sunrise

I’m happy to post you a little bottle if you want

9. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Your local garage will have some handy, probably just need to take a 5ml syringe and ask!