advertisement

Slimey Zerodust

smoking-rob

pfm Member
Lately my stylus would crud up after only a few tracks resulting in distortion. I'd then clean it with brushes, fluid and the Onzow Zerodust gelpad only to have it happen again soon.
So, I thought, it must be the end of my stylus' life. But then by chance, I touched the Zerodust or what was left of it really after many years, washes and once finding it sticking to the sole of my shoe when I couldn't find it:) and it felt greasy, slimey, yucky. It would leave this greasy deposit on my stylus and cantilever with the aforementioned results. It is now binned, my cartridge, stylus and cantilever meticulously cleaned and all is well again!

I forgive you all for the silence cause I know all Zerodust users are too busy checking their styli and cantilevers :D

I've used a Zerodust for many many years. I give it a hot rinse once in a while. That's it....nothing unusual has happened. Nothing slimy or anything. Odd.

I must say there was nothing left of it but a formeless blob of goo and as I said, it had been around...:D But hot rinsed many times using some handsoap as well. Maybe that did it. Anyway, just glad I found the culprit!

advertisement

Back